Home
Hi everyone, hope your summers are going fantastically.

I'm taking the family to West Yellowstone next month and was thinking I'd try for a morning on the water, right around there, not far. Anyone recommend a guide to me? I just won't have the time to DIY this. Thanks in advance.
I would think any of the fly shops in town could put you with a good guide. Give a couple of them a call, get some names and call each recommended guide and ask a few questions. Be honest with them about your experience and ask what water they recommend at the time you will be there and what tactics they would expect to work then, i.e. nymphing, Hopper/Dropper, streamers etc., if you have a preference.

I only fished out of West Yellowstone once and it was with a guide named Dave Williams who is now dead, booked thru Bud Lilly's shop which is no longer in business. I wish Dave was still alive as he was one of the best guides I have ever fished with.
Blue Ribbon Flies in West Yellowstone.

You may not (probably won’t) get Craig Mathews for your guide but he and his shop are as famous as anyone can get as a fly fishing guide and fly tyer.

You could pick up some Sparkle Duns while you are in the shop. They are a Craig Mathews design.
Years ago I fished the Madison with Nick Nicolas out of BRF. One of the most fun fishing outings I've been on. He's passed now but I would try to hook up with that shop. Blue Ribbon has been a first rate outfit for supplies too.
Miles Marquez out of Big Sky Anglers
If you don’t end up with a guide I’ll tell you where to go. PM me
Can't help here, but let us know how it goes with some pics please.
© 24hourcampfire