Home
Posted By: 10gaugemag Chenille sizing - 08/22/20
I am tying up some marabou jigs and wanting a more bulky body.

Can somebody point me towards a sizing chart that shows actual diameter not just medium/00 and so on?

These are 1/8 in weight for crappie.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Chenille sizing - 08/22/20
Can't help on the sizing, but I rarely if ever buy anything sight unseen. I'd suggest going downtown, approach the front door of a sewing/fabric store, look up and down the street, and if no one is looking, step in. One can find all sorts of fly tying materials at 1/3 the price charged for sample size pieces in most fly shops. I always insist the clerks not tell anyone I was there.

Good luck out there
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Chenille sizing - 08/22/20
Originally Posted by 1minute
Can't help on the sizing, but I rarely if ever buy anything sight unseen. I'd suggest going downtown, approach the front door of a sewing/fabric store, look up and down the street, and if no one is looking, step in. One can find all sorts of fly tying materials at 1/3 the price charged for sample size pieces in most fly shops. I always insist the clerks not tell anyone I was there.

Good luck out there

+1...... laugh
Posted By: Proud_Dad Re: Chenille sizing - 08/24/20
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by 1minute

Good luck out there

+1...... laugh

Good advice!

I don't know of a sizing chart for comparison, but Layne has decided he likes this medium - size 2 chenille: (It is available in a large - size 4, so that might add more bulk if that is what you are after?)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-YARDS-SU...-PICK-SIZE/164214826855?var=463845620937

bottom jig in this pic is 1/8 oz.:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: troutfly Re: Chenille sizing - 09/11/20
Check out the Danville website. They used to have a sizing guide on it.
Jeff
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Chenille sizing - 09/26/20
Or just use dubbing in a loop and brush it out. Infinitely variable colors, lengths and thickness...
© 24hourcampfire