Home
Posted By: fshaw Scott Centric - 03/10/21
Anyone fishing one. Leaning pretty heavily toward a 906-4 as an ll rounder and would be interested in opinions.

Thanks.

Frank
Posted By: ribka Re: Scott Centric - 03/11/21
Not fishing one yet. But I demoed one at a local fly shop and it was a very good rod. Had a lot of power, but somewhat forgiving, great control.

I think a step up from the radian.

Im debating between the centric and the Hardy Zephrus now.
Posted By: fshaw Re: Scott Centric - 03/12/21
Thanks Ribka.
Posted By: GuideGun Re: Scott Centric - 03/13/21
The reviews seem to be pretty good overall. Overall consensus seems to be a more refined slowed down Radian. Yet still plenty of power. A more progressive rod.

I've wiggled a few at some shops but haven't cast one yet.

I thought I'd sell my Radian 906 this winter and get a Centric. But then I cast my Radian and said why bother. As Tom Morgan once said, "a great fly rod is always a great fly rod."
Posted By: ribka Re: Scott Centric - 03/14/21
Originally Posted by GuideGun
The reviews seem to be pretty good overall. Overall consensus seems to be a more refined slowed down Radian. Yet still plenty of power. A more progressive rod.

I've wiggled a few at some shops but haven't cast one yet.

I thought I'd sell my Radian 906 this winter and get a Centric. But then I cast my Radian and said why bother. As Tom Morgan once said, "a great fly rod is always a great fly rod."

the radian is a great rod. Id be more than happy to fish that rod the rest of my life.

I still take a cheaper soft rod though most times when fishing tiny flies and small tippets.

I think back 40 years ago and the rods and choices now. we are spoiled that's for sure
Posted By: GuideGun Re: Scott Centric - 03/18/21
Scott G is probably my favorite trout rod of all time. I've owned some of the vintage original Gs, G2, and new G Series. Pure, classic trout rods. I have a 884 GS and a 842 G2 currently. The 842 is new to me this winter so I'm anxious to try it this spring. Same deal as you, small flies on long light leaders.
Posted By: fshaw Re: Scott Centric - 03/19/21
Bought a G Series 883 last year. It came the day after trout season. Looking forward to fishing it.
© 24hourcampfire