Home
Posted By: Hip's Ax Where to buy supplies - 05/03/01
Greetings, I haven't fly fished since the 70's and am preparing to return to my once favorite sport. I am in need of a blank to wind myself a new rod as my old Browning had about 6" broken off of the tip. Problem is, ALL of the supply houses I use to do business with seem to be gone. My favorite was Reed's in Fairfeild NJ, I know they are gone, the building is occupied by another business. Where do you folks buy rod making and fly tying supplies? Thank You For Your Time.
Posted By: Indy Re: Where to buy supplies - 05/14/01
Try Cabela's. They send out a special flyfishing catalog that includes all the equipment necessary to build your own rods. I'm sure you could request one from their web-site...
Posted By: Hip's Ax Re: Where to buy supplies - 05/17/01
Thanks, but Cabela's was always too expensive for taste. I found that Netcraft is still in business, thank God at least one company survives. Thanks!
Posted By: Fatman Re: Where to buy supplies - 06/23/01
You can try Fish N fin Addict, or Hook and Hackle company. They have pretty good prices and I've been dealing with Hook and hackle for over 10 years, register your email with them and they'll send you emails about specials that they are running.<P>------------------<BR>Tight Lines,<BR>Fatman
Posted By: Fatman Re: Where to buy supplies - 06/23/01
You can try Fish N fin Addict, or Hook and Hackle company. They have pretty good prices and I've been dealing with Hook and hackle for over 10 years, register your email with them and they'll send you emails about specials that they are running.<P>------------------<BR>Tight Lines,<BR>Fatman
Posted By: SQUACKS Re: Where to buy supplies - 03/01/02
I WILL AGREE WITH YOU ON HOOK AND HACKLE. THEY ARE A GOOD COMPANY. i also like to buy fly tying materials from BLUE RIBBON FLIES out of WEST YELLOWSTONE, montana. they have some "differant" types of materials than most supply houses.
<br> luck
Posted By: AKGrayling Re: Where to buy supplies - 07/06/05
Sportsmans Warehouse has alwise been the place for me. They are inexpencive and have good supplies.
Posted By: comet Re: Where to buy supplies - 07/06/05
Anglers workshop is a good place. They often have blems that you an pick up cheap.
© 24hourcampfire