Home
Posted By: swag Hoback River - Wyoming - 06/08/17
Heading to Wyoming at the end of this month for work for a week and am bringing my flyrod. I will have access to the Hoback River outside Bondurant.

How's the fishing this time of year? Any recommendations on a fly or two to try?

Thanks!
Posted By: 1minute Re: Hoback River - Wyoming - 06/09/17
Can't offer one first hand experience, but Wyoming is having near record runoff this year. Water might still be high, but I'd expect color to be pretty good regardless by that time. Do send a report, as I'll be that way for a bit this fall.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Hoback River - Wyoming - 06/09/17
I have a good friend who summers in Wilson and his go to is big black or brown stonefly nymph pattern, or maybe a Zugbug pattern, tied on a #4 hook and drifted under a strike indicator or under a big foam-body terrestrial like a Chernobyl Ant.
Posted By: swag Re: Hoback River - Wyoming - 06/09/17
Thanks for the replies, will definitely send a report 1minute.

260 - Funny you mention Wilson, that is my first stop when I arrive out there. Appreciate the pattern recommendations!

Matt
Posted By: Razz Re: Hoback River - Wyoming - 06/10/17
Rivers are totally blown out right now and not expected to drop for quite some time. Havent been by the Hoback in about aweek, but can attest to the fact that the Snake and Gros Ventre are well out of their banks. Imagine the Green is is similar shape, Same for all the creeks. Record snowfall and a slow melt off are the factors, warm temps last week kicked it into full tilt. May want to think about some still water fishing on local lakes.
Still blown out. Levels have dropped in the last couple of days due to lower temps, but it's about to warm up again and rivers will likely rise again.
© 24hourcampfire