Home
Have you all found that the are pretty consistent from lot to lot?

What is your typical load check when switching lot numbers with this bullet? Pretty much load to CBTO or are you having to back off and do a complete load work up of seating depth and powder charge?

Thanks all
Steve

I have never shot any 120 gr BT's, but Ive shot hundreds and hundred of .284 cal 140 and 150 gr Nosler BT's, and Partition. I have NEVER worried about the "lot to lot" variable in bullets of any manufacture! Ive also NEVER found any difference in any Nosler BT, or any bullet for that matter when Ive shot different "lots". I simply load um and shoot um!!
Originally Posted by Highoctane

I have never shot any 120 gr BT's, but Ive shot hundreds and hundred of .284 cal 140 and 150 gr Nosler BT's, and Partition. I have NEVER worried about the "lot to lot" variable in bullets of any manufacture! Ive also NEVER found any difference in any Nosler BT, or any bullet for that matter when Ive shot different "lots". I simply load um and shoot um!!

That’s how I run in my 7mm-08’s, mostly with 120 gr. BT’s. “ I simply load ‘um and shoot’um! No concern about lot numbers with bullets.
Load em shoot em. This would be a concern when going from the old soft BT to the newer heavy jacketed ones but not ones from the same era.
I agree with everyone else unless you are kissing lands as I have found a .010 or so variation. Most of the rifles I shoot 120’s in are jumping a ways and aren’t fussy if it’s .090 or .080......
I load to factory length, so I don’t worry about lot to lot variations
Be wary if you are using boxes of differing design. I've had accuracy issues when loading to the end of one box and moving on to the newer designed box. COL changed without changing my seating die - literally loaded the last bullet, opened a new box, and continued loading and my COL would differ by .015-.02 from those in the original box and accuracy would degrade. This has happened twice with this bullet, and both times Nosler had changed their box design. Honestly, it's pissed me off enough (because my wife and I both shot this bullet for many seasons) that I moved on to other options. YMMV, but this was indeed my experience.

bludog
© 24hourcampfire