Home
Howdy ya,ll

After nearly 30 years of re-loading with a RCBS 10-10 ,, weighing every charge,, I may need to look ahead as that scale is now no longer manufactured,,,,
It aint broke ,,,, yet,,,, but schidt happens,,,,

what do you all like ,,, I want the best one there is,,, manual,, no cords etc,,,, I use all kinds of powder an load several differen rifles as well,,,

Thanks, RC

There's one for sale in the classifieds right now . . .

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...341240/gonew/1/redding-no-2-scale#UNREAD
I'll take an old 1010 over that Redding any day. I was surprised I didn't love the No2.

A 1010, Chargemaster, and BR3 dispenser gets it done for me.
I still throw to within a 1/2 grain with a Vintage Lyman 55 .
Throw it into the pan of a rcbs 505 then trickle up .
Worked for years and still does .
Posted By: TenX Re: powder dispencer prefference - 10/24/20
Are you talking about a dispenser or a scale?
Phil
A dispenser Tenx- I believe,,,, containber w/handle etc,, never had 1- just in fear of what I,ll do if the scale craps out....

Thanks Still learning/MtnBoomer,,,,I,ll be loking at new "thingys" now,,,lol
Originally Posted by obamasucks
A dispenser Tenx- I believe,,,, containber w/handle etc,, never had 1- just in fear of what I,ll do if the scale craps out....

If you're talking about something like this, called a powder measure, you'll still need a scale to set it up to throw the appropriate charge weight.
[Linked Image from grafs.com]
Yep, like that, heck theres dozens of em,,,makes me wonder,, I can dip it an trickle faster n I can mess w/that,,,,, hope my scale lasts till my eyeballs get fuzzy,,,

Thanks , Ya,ll
Yep, like that, heck theres dozens of em,,,makes me wonder,, I can dip it an trickle faster n I can mess w/that,,,,, hope my scale lasts till my eyeballs get fuzzy,,,

Thanks , Ya,ll

Thanks , Ya,ll

Thanks , Ya,ll

Huhh?
sorry to confuse,, sounds like I can weigh a c harge, trickle it up to perfect like I,m doing faster than involving a dispencer,,,,, after further investigation I realized there are still scales that will get it done, just no old dionaisare 10-10s,,,, like the user,,,kinda like the the original lee auto-prime,,,,no longer available,, I been useing these specific tools for many years an am intolerant to big change,,,,,,,,

Thanks, RC
Posted By: ned Re: powder dispencer prefference - 10/25/20
get a Harrell's and never look back.

http://harrellsprec.com/index.php/products/premium-powder-measure
Now thats nice,,,,,,sounds like its a favorite?,,,Do you charge yours an weigh a few randomly or is it spot on as far as 10,ths etc,,,,
TY
Ebay has some,make a good backup.
Posted By: TenX Re: powder dispencer prefference - 10/25/20
Like NED said, Harrell's is the best. I highly recommend them. Once you get your technique down, you will only use a scale once in a while primarily to make yourself comfortable. No need for trickling.
Phil
great idea Danny,,,
well chit-- out comes the card,,,,, more reloading "thingys:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks you guys,,,
© 24hourcampfire