Home
This is getting damn old. Was gonna go back to H4832sc fir a prior old reliable load but it just as scarce. When will it end?
Bought an eight pounder about a month ago. I was in reloading shop today. There was two jugs of H 4350. I bought an eight pound jug of CFE 223. I’m gonna buy the 4350 tomorrow if it’s still there.
I've had good luck with smaller gun shops.
In the year 2525.............................................
All jokes aside, with the pandemic and the newly elected president, my guess is 4-8 years, if not 10 before things return to normal. It's all going to depend on a vaccine and the next election. Biden will be the greatest money-maker for the firearms industry since Obama.
Powder Valley had it a couple of weeks ago, but I bought the H4350 they had in stock instead. I try to check inventory for powder and primers, on several sites, a couple of times an hour. So far I’ve found everything I’m looking for except for Varget and Retumbo, but I haven’t seen any Retumbo for sale for close to 2 years.
Just bought an eight pound jug of H-4350, I have ten lbs now, plus about that much IMR 4350. I’m good for a while on 4350
I’d love to get any form of 4895 or 4350 at this point. I’ve had better luck finding Varget lately. Hopefully the gun show for next weekend is still on, and the guy that usually has powder for sale if there with some form of both. Some RL15-22 would be great as well.
Originally Posted by kenjs1
This is getting damn old. Was gonna go back to H4832sc fir a prior old reliable load but it just as scarce. When will it end?

You could get 3 lbs today..... just have to drive to Montana to get it😁
Originally Posted by StudDuck
All jokes aside, with the pandemic and the newly elected president, my guess is 4-8 years, if not 10 before things return to normal. It's all going to depend on a vaccine and the next election. Biden will be the greatest money-maker for the firearms industry since Obama.

Biden will not be our next president!

When all the crap is sorted thru, Trump will be certified for another 4 years!
Originally Posted by elkcountry
Originally Posted by StudDuck

Biden will not be our next president!

When all the crap is sorted thru, Trump will be certified for another 4 years!

I hope you are right!
I pray Trump prevails
Originally Posted by Elvis

If man is still alive...
Originally Posted by ruffcutt

If man is still alive...

No cshit
I was in Midsouth yesterday picking up an order, and asked this very question..........when will powder like that be available again. They told me that the problem is that most of Hogdon powder is made in Australia, and that Australia has had to deal with the wildfires, and the manufacturing plants being shut down due to that and Covid. Add to that the fact that everybody is buying iit as soon as it hits the shelves, and you have a shortage. He says it's going to be at least next summer before we see powder in large numbers again.
Saw some IMR 4350m 4831 and H4831SC at our local Bi-Mart today here in Oregon...

W 748 has been pretty available as has H 380 and surprisingly, Benchmark
Its out there. About a months ago I purchased 2 lb for me and a friend. Last week I was able to purchase a second lb. The shop had 6 or 8 one lb. bottles.

It could come to that. Or this too shall pass........
Try your local shops
Check w anybody in your area that does FFL transfers.

I used a guy just up the street from me about 3 years ago for one of my transfers. He was listed on Buds as a FFL carrier, does it right out of his basement.

Went up to get my gun and right there in his basement were shelves of components, cleaning supplies and some ammo.

This guy has been doing this for a long time and was right under my nose.

Might be surprised what you find.
thanks 10gaugemag- see what I can find out. Anyone know how I might have a pound shipped from an individual- the process and cost?
Pm sent
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Check w anybody in your area that does FFL transfers.

I used a guy just up the street from me about 3 years ago for one of my transfers. He was listed on Buds as a FFL carrier, does it right out of his basement.

Went up to get my gun and right there in his basement were shelves of components, cleaning supplies and some ammo.

This guy has been doing this for a long time and was right under my nose.

Might be surprised what you find.

This is the same as my FFL guy. Does it in a room at his house. Has brass, powder, loaded ammo etc. I picked up IMR 4350 and H4831SC last night.
My guess is when Q is proved right, Hillary is in an orange jumpsuit, and Trump’s second term is inaugurated.
Originally Posted by efw
My guess is when Q is proved right, Hillary is in an orange jumpsuit, and Trump’s second term is inaugurated.

lol......This^^^
Midway had 8lb jugs of H4350 last night.
i have i and h4350. but my loads now use mrp and re-26 and 4831 and they are better than the 4350 loads. if you are loading for 30-06 i have some superperformance i can sell. gets high velocity avaerage accuracy.
Is IMR 4451 a good substitute for H4350? Gun shop has some right now.
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Is IMR 4451 a good substitute for H4350? Gun shop has some right now.

Yes
Originally Posted by efw

You suck ! lol
RL-17 is a very good sub for IMR 4350. It may be available.
Picked up 5# H 4350 yesterday locally and they had more!
Sitting here admiring my stash of Ramshot powders procured at $158/8#.

Heard about Varget locally for $36/#. Sigh...
Originally Posted by kenjs1

Saw 24 lbs of IMR 4350 sitting in a store here today,

They don't ship, But anyone in Southern Wisconsin needs some, let me know.
© 24hourcampfire