Home
Posted By: CFVA Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/13/21
I have a buddy who's going on a guided hunt this fall and just realized he's short on IMR4350, so everyone can guess where this is going. Does anyone here have any recommendation as to where a backorder could be placed, or where any is in stock? Feel free to PM if you'd rather.

Thank You.
Posted By: BBrave Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/13/21
No Idea when it will be available again. Best thing to do is get on a bunch of retailers sites and click notify me box. Order as soon as you you get the email.
Posted By: sbhooper Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/13/21
I just loaded the last of mine. I had a chance a few months back to get a couple of pounds at Wal Mart. Like a dummy, I did not do it.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/13/21
So to put this into perspective. Through the Clinton shortage and the Obama shortage there was one constant, I could always find H380 because nobody likes it, and the fact it’s made at St. Mark’s in Florida. This time there isn’t even H380 to be found so this is deeper and much worse. I wouldn’t expect to see much of anything until this Covid sh*t goes away and whatever new restrictions are put into place 1-21-2021.
Posted By: CFVA Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/13/21
Thank you, all.
Posted By: Gojoe Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/13/21
Originally Posted by CFVA
I have a buddy who's going on a guided hunt this fall and just realized he's short on IMR4350, so everyone can guess where this is going. Does anyone here have any recommendation as to where a backorder could be placed, or where any is in stock? Feel free to PM if you'd rather.

Thank You.

I've been all over the net this morning looking for medium burning powder. There is nothing to be had, with one exception.
Graf and sons had Nobel Sport TU7000 and 8000 in stock @ $25 per pound. The have free data with your order. TU700 is or should be close enough. I bought 4 lbs. and do not think their supply is going to last.
Panic first and early if you need some. I do not see reloading supply getting any better this year.
YMMV
These strategies have worked for me.

Don't overlook your Ma/Pa LGS....if you have been a regular they may do a favor for you.

If you are looking for a particular rifle, LGS can order one in for you, but you tell them you buy the gun only if they can supply some powder with the gun purchase.... may/may not work.

There are some types of stores, more known as farm/ranch suppliers, that get powder shipments.... think along the lines of Fleet/Farm, Cal-Ranch, etc.

Good Luck.
Posted By: hanco Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/13/21
Times are tough, not much to be had anywhere.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/13/21
I advise your pal to sign up for notifications on I4350 and some good alternatives at every place he can, then jump on any responses at once. Wouldn’t hurt to do the same with some good ammo as well. I managed to acquire a fair amount of stuff that way, and missed a couple too by mere minutes. Wouldn’t be surprised to find there were algorithms running to automate searches now for individuals, not just outfits like ammoseek.
Originally Posted by Gojoe
Originally Posted by CFVA

Thank You.

I've been all over the net this morning looking for medium burning powder. There is nothing to be had, with one exception.
Graf and sons had Nobel Sport TU7000 and 8000 in stock @ $25 per pound. The have free data with your order. TU700 is or should be close enough. I bought 4 lbs. and do not think their supply is going to last.
Panic first and early if you need some. I do not see reloading supply getting any better this year.
YMMV

This is your best. Option.

Hope you buddy has primers, because they are unobtanium as well.
Posted By: 358WCF Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/13/21
Where are you in VA? PM me. I may be able to help.
Originally Posted by 358WCF
Where are you in VA? PM me. I may be able to help.

Same here I have some not sure if I have a full pound
Posted By: hanco Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/13/21
Stopped by reloading store this afternoon, nothing in there.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/14/21
I found the mother load of h4831 and h4831sc yesterday in central Virginia what’s he loading for
Posted By: gene270 Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/14/21
virginia boys want to know where that was and did they have anything else
Let me get another jug tomorrow and I’ll let loose where
Almost need binoculars to spy the reloading stuff it’s in the back roped off
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I found the mother load of h4831 and h4831sc yesterday in central Virginia what’s he loading for

I'm in need of some 4831sc for a 280 Rem that I just picked up. Care to share where it was?
Posted By: CFVA Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/14/21

A 300 Win Mag that loves IMR4350, never tried anything else in it.

I'm over in Nelson, are you up on Long Mtn on Rt 60?
Yes long mountain on 60 in Amherst
Yes long mountain on 60 in Amherst

Not finding a location called Long Mountain
Posted By: Bugger Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/14/21
I have an 8 lb jug partially full, maybe 6 lb. I'm trying to convert to IMR 4451 or even H4350. To bad you're not closer.
this is the worst I have seen. In the 90s, VV could be found and substituted for IMR, H, etc. Today, nothing. Not even presses are out there. Never thought I would see used rock chuckers scalping at $400+
Posted By: Bugger Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/14/21
I have an extra rock chucker and I'd sell it for less than that. ha ha
Posted By: StudDuck Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/14/21
Originally Posted by longbarrel
this is the worst I have seen. In the 90s, VV could be found and substituted for IMR, H, etc. Today, nothing. Not even presses are out there. Never thought I would see used rock chuckers scalping at $400+

I don't care what anyone says, there's no end in sight. How can there be? The pandemic is bad enough, couple that with the riots this past spring and summer, Biden/Harris and the storming of the Capitol. No way there's an end in sight sooner than 4-10 years. Someone make me feel better and convince me other wise.
Posted By: sbhooper Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/14/21
Originally Posted by StudDuck

I don't care what anyone says, there's no end in sight. How can there be? The pandemic is bad enough, couple that with the riots this past spring and summer, Biden/Harris and the storming of the Capitol. No way there's an end in sight. Someone make me feel better and convince me other wise.

Do not give up hope, until after the 20th. Things are happening. Just hide and watch. Plenty of time to give up hope later. Listen to simonparkes.org. Good info from a great man.
Posted By: sbhooper Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/14/21
Originally Posted by Bugger
I have an 8 lb jug partially full, maybe 6 lb. I'm trying to convert to IMR 4451 or even H4350. To bad you're not closer.

I like 4451 real well. I use it in my -06 under 150 Interlocks. It works well in the Creed etc., too. Don't discount that IMR4350. Under the 129 Interlock, it is great in my .260s.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/14/21
Originally Posted by StudDuck

I don't care what anyone says, there's no end in sight. How can there be? The pandemic is bad enough, couple that with the riots this past spring and summer, Biden/Harris and the storming of the Capitol. No way there's an end in sight sooner than 4-10 years. Someone make me feel better and convince me other wise.

Used Chuckers @ 400 bucks? Yikes.

Wish I could Duck, wish I could. All I can say is that the 40K of 22 is getting a lot more looks and use. The 25k primers are escalating in value at an untold rate, not to mention the powder and bullets. Hot Damn I could be rich!
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/20/21
Somebody found the 4831 it’s gone
Originally Posted by Swifty52
So to put this into perspective. Through the Clinton shortage and the Obama shortage there was one constant, I could always find H380 because nobody likes it, and the fact it’s made at St. Mark’s in Florida. This time there isn’t even H380 to be found so this is deeper and much worse. I wouldn’t expect to see much of anything until this Covid sh*t goes away and whatever new restrictions are put into place 1-21-2021.

I completely agree with this, I have a Mom and Pop LGS that kept at least some stock through the Clinton and Obummer shortages even H380, and yes I HATE THAT POWDER !!!!!!!!!!

This store had almost nothing but had some bullet's I have been looking for for some time..........the price tag said they were from 2016. I asked the manager where they came from, he said we are cleaning out the closet's so we have something on the shelves. They had not one grain of powder or one single primer and Biden is not even in office yet !!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Aviator Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/20/21
I’ve got a few pounds where are you located? I would try RL16 if you can find it.
Posted By: Bugger Re: Buddy looking for IMR4350 - 01/20/21
There's a big gun show in Sioux Falls, SD on Feb 13 & 14. If you're within driving distance, you'll probably be able to pick up guns and ammo at a reasonable price there.
Another show in Aberdeen, SD on 2/6 & 2/7 but I've never gone to that one.

If someone needs a rock chucker and going to the Sioux Falls, show, I'll bring one.

My guess is show up at shows to get a good deal now.
© 24hourcampfire