Home
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Forster Press - 01/23/21
Worth the moolah and hype? Been running a Rockchucker for years but considering an upgrade.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Forster Press - 01/23/21
I run 6 Forester presses and mo RCBS
Posted By: BadHabit Re: Forster Press - 01/23/21
Both have their merits but the rockchucker is the Chevy 350 of reloading presses. Keep it as your main press and branch off from there. I have several presses but the RC always has some type of die in it. I waited for a few years before I finally stumbled upon a Forester at a good price. I could have lived without it but I just like having a bunch of presses.
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Re: Forster Press - 01/23/21
They certainly are tough to find in stock
Posted By: RickF Re: Forster Press - 01/23/21
I have had a Co-Ax for over a decade and a 1960s Rockchucker for 30 years. I bought the Co-Ax as a planned upgrade.

The Co-Ax is capable of producing ammo with virtually no runout ... just like the Rockchucker. The only difference is the longer lever throw, thus slower reloads with the Co-Ax.

My Co-Ax has dust on it. Actually, it’s not dusty because I moved about five years ago and after the move I haven’t been sufficiently motivated to mount the Co-Ax on the new bench. It is on a shelf under the bench. The Rockchucker is all I use.
Posted By: gene270 Re: Forster Press - 01/23/21
i was just thinking about this same thing...but it looks like you have to be directly in front of the coax where i am able to stand off to the side with the rcbs and it may be easier to load would this be correct
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Forster Press - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by RickF
I have had a Co-Ax for over a decade and a 1960s Rockchucker for 30 years. I bought the Co-Ax as a planned upgrade.

The Co-Ax is capable of producing ammo with virtually no runout ... just like the Rockchucker. The only difference is the longer lever throw, thus slower reloads with the Co-Ax.

My Co-Ax has dust on it. Actually, it’s not dusty because I moved about five years ago and after the move I haven’t been sufficiently motivated to mount the Co-Ax on the new bench. It is on a shelf under the bench. The Rockchucker is all I use.

Now's the time to list it if it ain't for you, sellers market.
Posted By: JP_McNeal Re: Forster Press - 01/23/21
After doing several weeks worth of reading and talking to others, the Forster is what I landed in. Still working to find one in stock.
Posted By: warpig602 Re: Forster Press - 01/23/21
Precision and hunting rounds are made on the coax. Plinker rounds are made on a Lyman 8 station, Dillon 650 does all the bulk reloads.
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Re: Forster Press - 01/23/21
I’m in the market for one if anyone knows where one is or has one they want to unload, PM me.
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
I’m in the market for one if anyone knows where one is or has one they want to unload, PM me.

I seen one yesterday in a shop, didnt looked used that much but needed a good cleaning, sat on a bench collection dust
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Forster Press - 01/23/21
I tried a Forster co-ax after many years loading with RCBS JR & Rockchucker, I was not impressed with the Forster. I have been using a Ponsness Warren for the last several years mainly because I can leave the two main calibers I load for set-up on this press and just sit down and start loading. No switching, adjusting/readjusting dies, simple and efficient for my needs.
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I tried a Forster co-ax after many years loading with RCBS JR & Rockchucker, I was not impressed with the Forster. I have been using a Ponsness Warren for the last several years mainly because I can leave the two main calibers I load for set-up on this press and just sit down and start loading. No switching, adjusting/readjusting dies, simple and efficient for my needs.

Also have a Ponsness Warren metallic II that I reload my pistol shells on, had that since the early 80's
Posted By: woodson Re: Forster Press - 01/23/21
I love my Co-Ax. It’s a joy to operate. Stay patient and snatch one up when they come in stock.
Posted By: SS336 Re: Forster Press - 01/23/21
I have had a Co-Ax, made when they were Bonanza, since ‘75. It is my only press and has worked flawlessly in that time. It makes good straight ammo very easily. You don’t have to be directly in front of it, the shell holder is great.
Unless you have to change it for 22 Hornet or 45-70.
It is a solid piece of equipment. Lots of very good reloading presses out there, they all work. This is the one I bought and am very happy with it.
Posted By: leftycarbon Re: Forster Press - 01/23/21
I have a rock chucker and its ok its now used mostly for a few odd ball rounds. Everything ese get loaded on the co-ax.

Thousands of rounds on the co-ax. Best of the best

Lefty
© 24hourcampfire