Home
Anyone using this powder with success in the 243 win or 300 WSM? Looks like great velocity but have read mixed reviews about accuracy. Thanks
Not those calibers. I have had good luck with it in the 30-06.
Used it in a Browning BLR 22-250. 'twas the real deal!
Tried it in my 300 RCM and wasn't impressed....
It really works in the 30-06 with 150 grain bullets. I use the Combined Technology bullets. Flat works on Mule Deer.
Very accurate in a Sako L579 243 with Speer 70 grain TNT, 46.5 grains in Norma cases and WLR primers. Haven’t chrono’d them and I don’t care as accurate as this load is. I’m not changing a thing.
hey Ulvejaeger , i saw in a previous post of yours you had some 25 RF, do you still have it?

It works great in my 270 with 140gr Accubonds, Very accurate and about 3050FPS. I have change to RL23 little more speed and temperature stable.

Trying to get it to work in my 7mm-08 but so fa i,m not tipping the can enough. Accuracy ok.
In my wife's .243AI and my .243 Win, my go-to coyote load for work out to ~400 yards is 49.0 Gr Superformance, CCI-200 primer, 75gr Speer HP, c.o.l.a. 2.640". Sub-MOA performance in both rifles.
Beyond 450 yards, the wind starts screwing with me too bad and I shift to heavier bullets.

Ed
Just cracked open a new can of Superformance yesterday. Loaded 10 rds of 280 rem ammo with a charge of 60.0grs and this was good for 3173 fps with Nosler 120gr BT from a skinny 22" barrel on a 700 mountain rifle. Group size at 100 yds was a good 1.5" cluster for 5 shots. I was shooting off of sandbags that was less than perfect, but this is excellent results in my book for a first try. This load is 110fps faster than my standard load of 55grs of win 760
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Very accurate in a Sako L579 243 with Speer 70 grain TNT, 46.5 grains in Norma cases and WLR primers. Haven’t chrono’d them and I don’t care as accurate as this load is. I’m not changing a thing.

Tag
I know a guy that loads Superformance in his 6.5 CM. He says it’s the powder that gets him closest to factory fodder speeds. I haven’t bought any yet, but since 4320 is no longer produced. Once I am through my current bottle, I may give it a try in a few of my calibers.
I used most of a pound in my son's 6.5Creed with the Hornady 143gr ELD-X and 210GM primers. If I remember correctly my accuracy was right near the book max of 45.5grs netting me a ½ MOA group at 100yds.
It is my BEST powder in 22/250 60 and 64 grain bullets. Excellent in 6.5 CM with SST 140s .4" 200 yards five shot groups.
Originally Posted by EricMahaffey
hey Ulvejaeger , i saw in a previous post of yours you had some 25 RF, do you still have it?

No Sir, all gone.
Worked very good in my 243 with a 85 grain TTSX.
It was very accurate in my old 30-30 Handi-rifle when paired with the Hornady 160 gn. FTX bullets.
I went back to my LGS and bought the last two pounds he had. That was close to a year ago.
© 24hourcampfire