Home
Posted By: sqweeler Hey Nosler - 10/24/21
Almost a buck apiece...QC should be better than this. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: beretzs Re: Hey Nosler - 10/24/21
Agreed. That hurts. They will replace them but that’s unacceptable.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Hey Nosler - 10/24/21
Originally Posted by beretzs

One of the reasons Bobin didn't like the accubomb
Posted By: Remington280 Re: Hey Nosler - 10/24/21
Wow, demand is high and production is full bore....so I wouldn't complain much...other than getting replacement.
I've worked production so just be patient...
Posted By: beretzs Re: Hey Nosler - 10/24/21
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

They had some early ones that over expanded.

Hurts to see that. They’re good darned bullets on animals.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Hey Nosler - 10/24/21
Originally Posted by Remington280
Wow, demand is high and production is full bore....so I wouldn't complain much...other than getting replacement.

This is one of my concerns about buying anything that is current manufacture.........
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Hey Nosler - 10/24/21

A guy would think they would at least include that third tip in the box.......geeez

Originally Posted by sqweeler
Almost a buck apiece...QC should be better than this. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Puddle Re: Hey Nosler - 10/24/21
Last year I tried a box of their ammo that per lot # was assembled 3 years ago (they said). Literally half of the box wouldn't chamber (easy fix) and 2 wouldn't detonate. After that, I gave up.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Hey Nosler - 10/24/21
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

They had some early ones that over expanded.

Hurts to see that. They’re good darned bullets on animals.

I know you love them. I tried the when they first came out. Still don't like them. I'd rather use a partition. Never have had any issues with those. If going the tipped route, pass the TTSX or LRX..
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Hey Nosler - 10/25/21
Third tip is missing.The 129 &130 shoot great in my Model 70.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Hey Nosler - 10/25/21
I'm not rushing to buy Nosler bullets as of late.

Their pricing, even for factory seconds has started to go off the tracks...

they are more proud of their name than I am....

price goes up, customer care goes out the window... with a LOT of companies...

I am one of their Former Customers at the moment......
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Hey Nosler - 10/25/21
Originally Posted by Seafire
I'm not rushing to buy Nosler bullets as of late.

Their pricing, even for factory seconds has started to go off the tracks...

they are more proud of their name than I am....

price goes up, customer care goes out the window... with a LOT of companies...

I am one of their Former Customers at the moment......

I am too John. Both of us living within 130 miles of the joint too. I'm pretty disgusted with their prices as of late. I'm almost to the point of boycotting the pos. SPS used to be a damn good place to buy bullets at a very reasonable price. Now that well has run dry. I've been messing with more Barnes lately... I emailed SPS and told them I'm not buying bullets from them anymore because their prices are getting to be too much that they are getting too big for their britches..
Posted By: Seafire Re: Hey Nosler - 10/25/21
Lawrence,

I'm about 250 miles one way from Bend.. but that doesn't change my opinion of their current pricing. I've got more than enough of my favorite bullets to weather 4 years of Joe Biden. heck I have enough to probably out last me.. I was out hunting the last couple days, at altitude ( 4000 ft plus) in the rain, fog and clouds with my 6.5 Grendal, and using 6.5 mm 105 gr SMP partitions I got from SPS for about 7 cents a piece evidently quite a while ago....

With the weather I think the deer took off for So Cal or Arizona, due to the crap weather...
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Hey Nosler - 10/25/21
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Remington280

This is one of my concerns about buying anything that is current manufacture.........

I've had problems with the tips coming off of Accubonds in the past as in years ago. This is not new because of high production rates.
Posted By: HeavyLoad Re: Hey Nosler - 10/25/21
Nosler is pricing themselves out of this word, even they’re blems are sky high. People on the forums are even charging an arm and a leg.
Posted By: boatanchor Re: Hey Nosler - 10/25/21
Originally Posted by sqweeler

I had a huge problem with the Accubond tips falling off like this on 30cal 180gr and 7mm 160gr, this was back in 2012. I talked with the folks at Nosler about it, they were aware of the problem and said they had it fixed.
From looking at the picture this box of bullets could be from the same era, it is not a box of current production.

The problem I have with Nosler is their schitt brass that costs more than Lapua
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Hey Nosler - 10/25/21
When I consider the cost of going hunting, the "high" cost of Nosler bullets doesn't even register on my radar. The price is miniscule by comparison. I've killed almost 300 big game animals with Nosler's of some sort....partition, AB, ballistic tip, and they've worked as advertised when I've done my part, from Sonora, MX to Africa. I love 'em.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Hey Nosler - 10/25/21
There's no stem on the tips as pictured on the box,otherwise I'd glue them back in.
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Hey Nosler - 10/25/21
Around 2010 I had a bag of Accubonds that lost about eight tips.I emailed Nosler and they replaced them.The stems inside the bullets were soft and caulky,the tips were hard.It appears to me the white plastic is not properly mixed.I have never had any issues with the colored Ballistic Tips,only the white tips.Personally I like the Ballistic Tips.The only difference between the two is one is bonded,the other is not.The Accubond retains a little more weight,but the Ballistic Tip makes a little larger wound channel,not a lot larger,but just a little larger and seems to kill a little quicker too.As long as I'm getting exits on everything I've killed with Ballistic Tips I really can't compare the retained weight between the two.If the tip comes off an Accubond it would become a wide hollow point and quite possibly cause more rapid expansion at impact.I do remember having an Accubomb affect with the faulty bag I had.I shot a doe in the neck and there was only a little hide keeping the head attached to the body.Later when I unloaded my rifle,there was a bullet that lost the tip in the mag box from the rifle recoil from previous shots.This is from Nosler's website under FAQ's
What is the difference between the Ballistic Tip® and the AccuBond®?

Externally, they look the same except for the tip colors, Ballistic Tip® bullets are color-coded by caliber while all AccuBond® bullets have white tips. Internally the Ballistic Tip® is not bonded and is designed for controlled expansion on medium game with approximately 50-60% weight retention. Conversely, the lead alloy core of the AccuBond® is bonded to the jacket. This bonding increases weight retention (65-70%) and slows expansion resulting in deeper penetration and enhanced bone-breaking potential in larger animals.
Posted By: knatknocker Re: Hey Nosler - 10/25/21
had the same deal with Sierra, 45 ACP 200 Gr hp WITH NO LEAD. Emailed , they wanted all this crap before any refund/replacement, said screw is. Photos weren't good enough. Hope Nosler fix QC issue, they are my go to bullets.
© 24hourcampfire