Home
Currently using 55gr TTSX over 23.5gr H4895. I don't have a chrony so going by the book of about 2988 FPS.
Varget also shot well at 24.0 gr with same bullet. Neither did very well in the accuracy department with 60gr NPT. W

I know there's better powders. Or is there?
A 55 ttsx and 27gr Varget works great. H335 is also a good powder for .223.
I use H335 with the 55 TTSX. Although I haven't shot a deer with it since other rifles are my first choice for deer.
75 ELDM and TAC. 3100 fps, Tikka stainless Varmint.

P
Where are you guys finding your load data for the .223 Winchester?

All I can find are loads for the .223 Remington... wink
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Where are you guys finding your load data for the .223 Winchester?

All I can find are loads for the .223 Remington... wink

That's why it's so hard to find a load.
75 grn ELD with H4895

65 Sierra spbt with 4320
65 sierra

75 gold dot
62 grain Bear Claws, hell on piggies!
I don't know if they are "better" powders than H4895 and Varget, but I've been happy with TAC, N140 and CFE223.

YMMV
With the 50 and 55 grain bullets I lean to TAC, N133 and CFE223. The 65+ grain stuff gets Varget, N140 and the like.
Originally Posted by mathman
With the 50 and 55 grain bullets I lean to TAC, N133 and CFE223. The 65+ grain stuff gets Varget, N140 and the like.

Just in case anyone is looking for those powders, Midsouth has TAC, N133, and CFE223 in stock. Prices $31.50-$43.89/pound.
No deer with this combo, but the 75 AM/ELD and TAC is a great combination. I'm not leaning on it as hard as Pharmseller, and get about 3015 fps from a .223AI.
Got a fair jag of deer and black bears with 75 Amax’s over R15/H335/Lever out of a 223AI.
Probably (meaning absolutely) going to put a couple down with 88 ELD’s over Lever with the latest 223AI this fall.
Thanks guys.
26gr CFE-223 under both 62gr TBBC and 64gr Nosler Bonded, dirty little bastards i'd hunt any deer with this side of 250 yards.
The OP didn't state if he was shooting an AR or a bolt action......
my favorite bullet for Deer is the Sierra 1395 65gr SBT. In an AR where your OAL is limited by the magazine the most Varget I can get in a case is 26.3gr. in a bolt action where you can seat close to the lands over 27gr is possible
Originally Posted by boatanchor
The OP didn't state if he was shooting an AR or a bolt action......

Bolt.

Kimber MT 8” twist.
Originally Posted by gunner500
26gr CFE-223 under both 62gr TBBC and 64gr Nosler Bonded, dirty little bastards i'd hunt any deer with this side of 250 yards.

Good to know. If I find some 62 ttsx I’ll give them a shot. The 55gr are pure evil on wt and mulies
The 62 TTSX is certainly Barne's BEST effort. That being said,I muchly prefer the Hornie 75 HPBT less a Can-o-Lure. Hint.

The 75 'Max is simply fhuqking LEGENDARY and the ELD version,even better yet. The 88 ELD is a fhuqking phenom and squarely rates building a rifle around. 22 PPC AFI in a Krunchenticker,same goes a Turnbolt,along with 223 and 223AI,of which I have multiple digits. Hint.

The 90 Beer Can is a BAD Bitch and I've more than a "few" barrels slated to same. Hint.............
The 62 TTSX are scarce, been looking for some also, 55’s are available
You Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqks are a HOOT! Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The 62 TTSX is certainly Barne's BEST effort. That being said,I muchly prefer the Hornie 75 HPBT less a Can-o-Lure. Hint.

The 75 'Max is simply fhuqking LEGENDARY and the ELD version,even better yet. The 88 ELD is a fhuqking phenom and squarely rates building a rifle around. 22 PPC AFI in a Krunchenticker,same goes a Turnbolt,along with 223 and 223AI,of which I have multiple digits. Hint.

The 90 Beer Can is a BAD Bitch and I've more than a "few" barrels slated to same. Hint.............

I can find the 75’s here. Haven’t seen any 88’s at all in this neighborhood.
Originally Posted by hanco
The 62 TTSX are scarce, been looking for some also, 55’s are available

I have a schitload of 55’s. I should be good for a year at least.
I did find some 80’s and 88’s today.
I shot several deer over the summer on control permit with my 223 and Sierra 1365’s. They all died in very short order. I’ve used both 55&60gr hornadys out of 22-250’s and they also worked very well.
Originally Posted by tzone
Currently using 55gr TTSX over 23.5gr H4895. I don't have a chrony so going by the book of about 2988 FPS.
Varget also shot well at 24.0 gr with same bullet. Neither did very well in the accuracy department with 60gr NPT. W

I know there's better powders. Or is there?

Any of the TTSX offerings should be great, although I would shoot for bone hits. The 65gr Sierra SPBT is a good one too, like several have mentioned.
Out of my AR I've been using the 75 grain Speer Gold Dot factory ammo and have had really good luck. Everything has been DRT. Out of my CZ 527 the 50 grain Nosler BT over 25.0 grains of IMR 3031 and the Rem 7-1/2 give me a little over 3200 fps. I haven't shot a deer with this load, but did kill a Spanish goat with it and he folded like a cheap t-shirt. I've killed several hogs with it and the 50 grain Nosler is hell on a pigs brain.
About 4 years ago I developed a deer load for my 12ga / 223rem combination gun and decided I had to kill a deer with it. The load I settled on was a 55gr Hornady GMX and Varget. I couldn't tell you the velocity because I didn't have a chronograph at the time. I punched a doe tag opening week of firearms season on a fat doe slightly quartering away at a shade over 150yds with the bullet striking just behind the shoulder and the bullet exited through the far side shoulder. The bullet left a fantastic blood trail for such a small bullet and the deer only traveled about 20yds before she piled up. Upon post mortem exam the bullet left a quarter sized entry / exit wound.
BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah

Note: HINT: You are ignoring this dipschitt Mongoloid... who needs a bath.. and to wash his clothes.. its that time of month again. smile
Have any of you guys tried the Hammer Bullets in your .223 for deer hunting? I have to believe they would work great

stick, what twist rate do you need for those 88's? You have me wanting to build a .22 Creed
8" will do it in all weather,at Low Tide. Hint.

That being said,I prefer 7" and change,or straight 7",as it will grant 90gr Beer Cans. Hint.

Shefire's Toxicology Report would be a HOOT! Why am I always nekked,when she fixates me? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
HAHA, Shefire

That never gets old. Lol

Thank you
Hey Stumpy knows who likes him, who hates him and who loves him... I don't fall into the third one or the second one...

But the little urchin is the best entertainment value on the www'net...

there are those of us, if we don't rattle his cage periodically, he gets depressed and gets more drunk than usual...
Actually Stumpy can't function unless his Blood Alcohol Level isn't 3 times the legal limit...

His blood is the only one I've ever heard of, if you put a match to it... it will burn...makes a great fire starter if you're out camping with him
and forgot your kindling and fire starter at home...

Beside no one in this world accomplish as much as Stumpy does, with just his two working brain cells...If he wasn't schittfaced all the time,
he would probably be smarter than Einstein... probably even moreso if he knew how to take a bath when he's 12 sheets to the wind...
he's the only guy I know who starts a bath with kerosene, just to break down the rough stuff.... then uses brake clean to clean off the kerosene... and then dish detergent to clean off the Brake Clean... and then Right Guard so he smells as fresh as a Puerto Rican going out on his first date with the Gay Guy next door...

Heck Stumpy would be a welcome guest anytime at my place... In fact I put a lamp, Cable TV, and a bed in the expanded Out House, so he'd feel at home if he ever dropped by... Heck we even put in a pound off the creek that runs by the house, so he has somewhere to clean his guns just like home on PoW Island.... Heck the neighbor even has a sheep, in case Stumpy got horny while he was here for a visit....how's that for rolling out the red carpet for a campfire member from Alaska?

When ever you're in Minnesota, give me a hollar Stumpy...
Originally Posted by cooperfan
HAHA, Shefire

That never gets old. Lol

Thank you

That is all Stumpy can come up with, running on those two brain cells and a 5th of Jack in his system, along with the cocaine...

if he was sober, I bet he'd come up with something a lot better....
Shefire,

GREAT time to quantify how many times a day you think about me and the duration(s) of same...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

'Nother 7" RPM Speedmire for you to DREAM about. Hint.

Kudos on being a Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk,as well as a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
Originally Posted by Seafire
Hey Stumpy knows who likes him, who hates him and who loves him... I don't fall into the third one or the second one...

there are those of us, if we don't rattle his cage periodically, he gets depressed and gets more drunk than usual...
Actually Stumpy can't function unless his Blood Alcohol Level isn't 3 times the legal limit...

His blood is the only one I've ever heard of, if you put a match to it... it will burn...makes a great fire starter if you're out camping with him

Beside no one in this world accomplish as much as Stumpy does, with just his two working brain cells...If he wasn't schittfaced all the time,
he would probably be smarter than Einstein... probably even moreso if he knew how to take a bath when he's 12 sheets to the wind...
he's the only guy I know who starts a bath with kerosene, just to break down the rough stuff.... then uses brake clean to clean off the kerosene... and then dish detergent to clean off the Brake Clean... and then Right Guard so he smells as fresh as a Puerto Rican going out on his first date with the Gay Guy next door...

Heck Stumpy would be a welcome guest anytime at my place... In fact I put a lamp, Cable TV, and a bed in the expanded Out House, so he'd feel at home if he ever dropped by... Heck we even put in a pound off the creek that runs by the house, so he has somewhere to clean his guns just like home on PoW Island.... Heck the neighbor even has a sheep, in case Stumpy got horny while he was here for a visit....how's that for rolling out the red carpet for a campfire member from Alaska?

DUDE!
Originally Posted by scottishkat

DUDE!

You moved to MN? Last week it was OR.
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by scottishkat

DUDE!

You moved to MN? Last week it was OR.

Triple residence..... OR, MN, VA. and in between... smile
65 gr Sierra GK.
© 24hourcampfire