Home
Posted By: BKinSD Staball HD and Match - 02/05/23
Scheels in Rapid City had some of each on the shelf, so I relieved them of one pound of each. Anybody tried either yet? Is there data out there? Either way I'll be ready...
Posted By: TRexF16 Re: Staball HD and Match - 02/07/23
Some data on the Hodgdon website.
Also, in the new Hodgdon Annual Reloading manual.
In the article by Steve Gash in the new Hodgdon manual it seems to be much slower than what the load data in the manual claims. Hodgdon said that Retumbo is going to military contracts currently. I would like to try it in 264 Win Mag for temp stability. I would give up a few FPS for temp stability but not a lot. Easy button for a 264 Win Mag these days is of course a 6.5 PRC or if shooting factory ammo a 270 with a couple extra inches of barrel.
If they can make and supply this HD why can’t they just make more Retumbo? Retumbo isn’t being loaded in 5.56 or 7.62. So that leaves what 300 Win Mag etc. Hodgdon can’t make enough powder to supply a few snipers and a few handloaders?
Posted By: Fotis Re: Staball HD and Match - 02/08/23
Here you go.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: beretzs Re: Staball HD and Match - 02/08/23
I like where it sits in burn rate.
LGS had a few lbs of each on the shelf just now. Bought a couple lbs of HD to try out. Just want to try it out since you can’t find Retumbo for now. Probably find a decent load with it then not be able to find it for a while.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Staball HD and Match - 02/22/23
Originally Posted by beretzs
I like where it sits in burn rate.

Yup retumbo-ish
© 24hourcampfire