Home
Anyone else notice Federal Trophy Bonded and Terminal Ascent components are listed as discontinued on Midway?

Is federal revising the design, dropping them, or are they getting out of the component business?
Damn shame about the Trophy Bonded bullets. My favorites in a 300 win mag and a 308 Win.
Originally Posted by gte901m
Anyone else notice Federal Trophy Bonded and Terminal Ascent components are listed as discontinued on Midway?

Is federal revising the design, dropping them, or are they getting out of the component business?

Some of the time Midway lists stuff as "discontinued" because they're not carrying it anymore, NOT because the product isn't being produced.

Federal's site still lists some Trophy Bonded and Terminal Ascent bullets as available.
Hopefully its just Midway and not Federal discontinuing them. I emailed Federal about a month ago inquiring about TBT and TA future availability(30cal and 7mm)....no response.
This seems to be a Midway thing after they have been out of stock for a while. I got some brass from Midway about six months ago, that previously Midway had said was discontinued.
federal ammo site shows many old school loaded ammo offerings going away, but heavy for caliber staying for those with high BCs.
I just got a box of 155 TA 7 Rem Mag about a month ago. I hope they keep cracking and make them. Great bullets in my opinion.
I just looked on Federal's website and they have changed their lineup some like always. It is the reason I started loading my own. You buy a few boxes and find a load you like, sight in for it and next year it isn't available any more.
Yeah midway does that.
I went to get some 140 gr, 270 SST as I was down to my last 50, And it said discontinued. No hard feelings as I wanted to try something new.
So I Ordered some TGK that I had good luck with in other calibers.
6 Months later, SST were back in stock. Would have been pissed if I developed a new load for nothing
I just bought Terminal Ascents from a different vendor.
Not sure what’s going on with Federal but I know they’re loading Hornady ELDX bullets in their premium line now along with Berger, Nosler and Barnes bullets. Not sure how many different offerings they will have.
No they didn't.

Midway may not be carrying it but Federal is still loading it.
I saw federal won several military contracts with a 223 bullet that looks suspiciously like a repurposed tbt. I bet their equipment is spinning those out hence the need to bring in hornady eldx

Lou
I’m afraid Federal is fading into obsolescence for the retail consumer. If they can’t get us ammo and components, we will move on to other providers and not come back.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by gte901m

Some of the time Midway lists stuff as "discontinued" because they're not carrying it anymore, NOT because the product isn't being produced.

Federal's site still lists some Trophy Bonded and Terminal Ascent bullets as available.
Have also seen them list as discontinued when manufacturers change packaging style/design.
MidwayUSA (Larry Potterfield) is NOT the market indicator on component availability.
© 24hourcampfire