Home
Friends:

Trust all is well on this beautiful day, fall seems to be approaching....along with the hurricanes.

The question is home brewed solutions for cleaning bulk brass in an ultrasonic cleaner. I'm looking for the "Ed's Red" equivalent, using common household items.

A number of options on YouTube, but......

What do you recommend?

Thanks in advance!
For awhile I wasn't using distilled water, used it the other day, one cycle of 30 minutes, done. Dry them off and tumbled. As far as a homemade brew..... if you can't find a cheaper version of Hornady sonic cleaner, such as Frankford arsenal cleaner, then it's hard to replicate either. What's cheaper in the long run is SS pins with Dawn DWL and a decent tumbler, your choice depending on volume. I rigged up a 5 gallon bucket on a base out of two by fours and caster wheels, bike tire contact cemented to the bucket on the drive wheel, found some aluminum angle and bolted to the inside of the bucket. And away it went.
I've been using Hornady's solution its mainly citric acid. I bought this bottle a number of years ago. In stead of dumping the solution down the drain after one use, I put it back in a container and use it again and again until its fully spent. The stuff lasts a long time.
Distilled water for final- or single-stage clean, simple green solution if wanting a degreaser. I think it's more important to check the scrub force rather than worry about what to add beyond distilled water.
© 24hourcampfire