Home
I got some spare equipment so am going to help him get set up. In my 260 I use H4831sc for the 140 Gamekings. Imagine it would work in the Creed but keep seeing everyone H4350 or RL16 as a go to powder.
It is an Xbolt (but the scope mounts actually work...... sorry- reference to another thread.... couldn't resist)

Pet load or advice welcomed.
4831 will work, as well as a host of other powders. Just go to the powder company data for 140-grain bullets and work from there. No recipe is perfect for every rifle. The Creedmoor is very forgiving on powder. I have gotten good results with a number of powders. Re16, H4350, Re26, Re19, Sta Bal....with several different brands and weights of bullets.
H4350
RL 16
RL 17
RL 26
Be a nice FIL and buy him an 8 LB jug of H4350. 🤠🤠🤠
I have used several different powders in my Creedmoor's but always come back
to Hornady's load of 41.5gr. off H4350 with any 140 gr. bullet!
H4350 or 6.5 Staball
Originally Posted by Ulvejaeger
I've used that OEM Hornady load in 4 different 6.5CM rifles and it's an excellent one to start with, and it might hard to improve on it in many rifles!
Originally Posted by JamesJr
H4350 or 6.5 Staball

This.
Originally Posted by chesterwy

Christmas spirit in the air & all seems like a good FIL type of thing to do. Seems 4350 & the 6.5 Creed were made for one another.
OK you sold me on H4350. His soon-to-be-wife can buy that. I am supplying the press, scale, books and list of things he still needs.

Thanks for the load tip Ulvajaeger- it was what I was hoping to get out of this thread. I hope I might see a few more.

I read about something touted as the special- or secret- Carolina load that worked for several folks using H4831sc and was heading in that direction. If I recall it was 44.3 grains.
RL-26 will make that 6.5 CM really standout....but at a cost.
H4350 is easier to find
RL 16, RL17 are rare as chitt.
6.5 staball cheapest route.
Hoping I can find some LR primers so I don't have to give him some of mine
Originally Posted by chesterwy

8 ounce. You meant 8 ounce right ? I juuuuuust might be that nice.
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
I've used that OEM Hornady load in 4 different 6.5CM rifles and it's an excellent one to start with, and it might hard to improve on it in many rifles!
It can be improved upon. Some rifles don't like the full charge of 41.5. I've actually had better luck with most of my creeds at 40.5. YMMV. The nice thing is I also use 40.5 gr in my 147 ELD match loads as well.

One powder that needs mentioning is Big Game. It works great in my buddies RAR Predator. He likes and uses the 140gr gameking. I don't like to dip into my H4350 for his loads, so his rifle gets Big Game or StaBall 6.5 because it's much cheaper and easier to find. Accuracy is very good with both powders as well.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
It can be improved upon. Some rifles don't like the full charge of 41.5. I've actually had better luck with most of my creeds at 40.5. YMMV. The nice thing is I also use 40.5 gr in my 147 ELD match loads as well.

One powder that needs mentioning is Big Game. It works great in my buddies RAR Predator. He likes and uses the 140gr gameking. I don't like to dip into my H4350 for his loads, so his rifle gets Big Game or StaBall 6.5 because it's much cheaper and easier to find. Accuracy is very good with both powders as well.

Same here. 40.5 of H4350 with the 147 makes 2680 in my little Kimber. It flat hammers.
© 24hourcampfire