Home
Posted By: Fotis Frankford arsenal coax press - 02/11/24
I've been running one of these for a while now and I'm running into a small problem. Theoretically you should just drop the shell in the shell holder and it should line up perfectly with a die. Mine has had a small issue from the beginning where I have to literally line up the die with a shell that's coming up when I press the RAM down. Has anybody had one of those issues or anything like that?????
Have you cleaned the inside lip of the shell holder well? I have noticed on my press (RCBS) that crap has a tendency to get lodged in that grove and either not allow the case to sit flush against the back of the shell holder or makes it sit just ever so slightly cock-eyed. Cleaning with a Q-tip and some alcohol usually fixes it.
Yeah, I've had that issue on an RCBS Rock Chucker.. but I rack that up to its loaded that much ammo in its 30 year life span I've had it.

Could be the shell holder also, but I just guide it in between my forefinger and thumb, into the base of the press. Works out fine with me..

on the other end, I'm slowly wearing out also.. so I can forgive something else showing a little wear and tear over time.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Frankford arsenal coax press - 02/11/24
Yes. Cleaned it well. Still does it
© 24hourcampfire