Home
I was throwing around the idea of building a lightweight hunting rifle for whitetails in 25 Creedmoor. Is anyone shooting 100-120 grain bullets in one? What kind of velocity are you getting. I see a lot of 130-135 but I'm not interested in those. I may change my mind later. I'm assuming the same class of powders used in the 6.5 Creedmoor would work in a 25.

Thanks
Should you have a Sierra loading book, I have a no.5, or go to the internet and look it up. The book has load data for the 250AI. This should give you a starting point.

BTB, I use 6.5 Creed brass necked down for my 250AI. Works fine, and cuts down on fire forming.
if your just hunting deer and antelope , i think i would get some Hammer bullets ? the grandson and daughter with their 257 Robert rifles they use 75 gr. Hammer Hunters this bullet kills deer just fine . i have a 257 Creedmoor with a 8 twist barrel but have not tried the 75 gr. Hammer bullets but i think a copper bullet should work great. but i have used other Hammer bullets on targets and these Hammer bullets are accurate. good luck ,Pete53
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter_308
I was throwing around the idea of building a lightweight hunting rifle for whitetails in 25 Creedmoor. Is anyone shooting 100-120 grain bullets in one? What kind of velocity are you getting. I see a lot of 130-135 but I'm not interested in those. I may change my mind later. I'm assuming the same class of powders used in the 6.5 Creedmoor would work in a 25.

Thanks

Just a thought…. I don’t know the seller.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../fs-kimber-montana-in-257-roberts#UNREAD
Coppers work just fine...Barnes 100 grn TTSX, 80 grn. TTSX and the 100grn. TSX, all shoot very well in my 10 twist AI. They also kill very well.
© 24hourcampfire