Home
Posted By: louiethedrifter Primers for 6mm arc - 03/21/24
For those of you reloading 6mm ARC. Which small rifle primers do you prefer?
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Primers for 6mm arc - 03/21/24
CCI #41.
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: Primers for 6mm arc - 03/22/24
I`ve had good results with any I could get. Right now I`m using CCI 400`s.
Posted By: Hunterapp Re: Primers for 6mm arc - 03/22/24
Originally Posted by CGPAUL

@ I was going to say most anything except cci 400 for my bolt action pressures. Typically I am using CCI 450 or BR4's, again in a bolt action. If I was loading some lower pressure loads, I would have no problem with the thinner cup CCI 400. Price & availability of primers can change our thought process for primer selection.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Primers for 6mm arc - 03/23/24
WSR. I’ve been getting my best groups wit them.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Primers for 6mm arc - 03/23/24
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Originally Posted by CGPAUL

@ I was going to say most anything except cci 400 for my bolt action pressures. Typically I am using CCI 450 or BR4's, again in a bolt action. If I was loading some lower pressure loads, I would have no problem with the thinner cup CCI 400. Price & availability of primers can change our thought process for primer selection.

I agree. CCI 41, CCI 450, and BR4's. No 400's, the cup is too thin for cartridges like the 6mm ARC. Especially when using that cartridge in the AR platform.
Thanks y’all I have CCI 450 mag. CCI BR4, F205, F205match, and WSR. I’m loading for a gas gun.Ill just see what works.
Posted By: Boise Re: Primers for 6mm arc - 03/23/24
I've loaded with CCI 400 and Federal Gold Medal AR Match. I don't see a difference. The issue I encountered with my gas gun is the fast twist doesn't deliver accurate loads with short bullets. I swapped out the original barrel and the accuracy improved but it shoots MUCH better with longer bullets.

I shoot thousands of 223 from a bolt rifle using CCI 400 without issue. I know they're not ideal but they work every time.
I’m shooting a 20” barrel on the heavy side. Tomorrow morning I’ll break it in with factory rounds, Hornady Black. I’m going to reload with Leverevolution and CFE223. Bullets will be Hornady 105 elf-x and Lapua 105’s. I’ll start with F205 match primers.
Posted By: Hunterapp Re: Primers for 6mm arc - 03/23/24
Food for thought.

Search in your browser for the following download comprehensive primer chart.
www.longrangehunting.com › primercharts-pdf
© 24hourcampfire