Home
Went to use my Chargemaster today and it worked well for exactly 6 cartridges and then went nuts. I have only used it for less than 100 cartridges and had it less than a year and almost reduced it to a pile of rubble.Of course this happened after RCBS closed. F@#%@n POS machine!

I would push 5 and it would read 6 so if I was loading 56.5 grains of powder it was saying 66.6 grains of powder. 2's were 3's and 8's were 9's. Anyone experienced this and is there a diagnostic program on it?

Let's see I work night shift this weekend and come Monday morning if you work @ RCBS you dont want to answer my call!!!!

Kevin
Needs to be sent back, they'll replace it. Two good threads below. If you got it from Cabelas they'll exchange it faster most likely, either way you'll eventually get a new one.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=741832

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=742123
Ditto. RCBS stands behind their products.
Originally Posted by 6.5whitetail
Went to use my Chargemaster today and it worked well for exactly 6 cartridges and then went nuts. I have only used it for less than 100 cartridges and had it less than a year and almost reduced it to a pile of rubble.Of course this happened after RCBS closed. F@#%@n POS machine!

I would push 5 and it would read 6 so if I was loading 56.5 grains of powder it was saying 66.6 grains of powder. 2's were 3's and 8's were 9's. Anyone experienced this and is there a diagnostic program on it?

Let's see I work night shift this weekend and come Monday morning if you work @ RCBS you dont want to answer my call!!!!

Kevin

Mine did the exact same thing. Must have been a bad batch.
Call RCBS, they'll fix you up.
Same thing happened to me. Before you raise too much Cane , tell the lady from RCBS your problem she will very politely ask you to send it back and she will send you a new one. It's a mechanical devise, sometimes they malfunction. Be glad you are dealing with a company that stands behind their products.
I've never had a problem with RCBS; they really do stand behind their products.
I also had to send my Chargemaster 1500 back for replacement due to the number pad not working correctly.

I would press 4 and get the decimal.
I would press 5 and get a zero.

Sent it back and they replaced it with a new one. Was torqued that I had to spend $35.00 for shipping it to them for what I thought (knew) was a design flaw but at least they replaced it FOC.

New one works fine.
I sure have got my $$ worth out of mine. Had it for 3+ years and loaded 10,000+ rounds without a hitch.

I am sure the replacement will suit you well.
The on and off buttons, as well as the zero and calibrate buttons, do not work well on mine. In fact, I usually leave it on all the time as it sometimes takes me 5 minutes to get it to turn on. I really should call them and then send it back. Now that I am in the middle of load development for a deer hunt next month, I will have to struggle through until I am through with that.
© 24hourcampfire