Home

Haven't ever seen a Sako 75 or 85 in 9.3x62

Huh..

OK. And...?

Dennis
I see a lot of rem 700's in .270 win and they work damnfine for me.
I have a hard time finding a vintage Springfield 1903... even one with the pin removed and the hole welded shut...

huh...
Originally Posted by podunkkennels

+1...they always seem to shoot tiny groups and kill stuff real dead. wink
Originally Posted by podunkkennels

I have several of 'em with lots of good elk karma--they have karma because they work, and they work because they have good elk karma......... grin

Casey
I personally believe if something works well some guys gonna manufacture the hell out of it and then other guys are gonna sell em like hotcakes. I reckon thats capitalism.
I've killed deer with several different rifles & rounds over the years... the .270 with a factory-loaded 130 grain Power Point bullet out of a pre-'64 Model 70 works wonderfully well as does the .338 Win. Mag. with a handloaded 210 grain Nosler Partition bullet @ 3,000+ fps out of a pre-'64 Model 70.

Perhaps the bestest of the eastern deer calibers is either the old .300 Savage (circa 1920) with a handloaded 150 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip bullet @ � 2650 fps out of a Model 99 Savage lever-gun or a handloaded 140 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip 7x57mm (circa 1890) launched from the 20-inch barrel of a Mannlicher-stocked Ruger #1 RSI @ 2785 fps. Either one has "just enough" bullet weight and muzzle velocity to get the job done reallll well with little meat destruction... and either combination usually leaves a good "blood trail" if the deer runs very far in heavy brush.

Of course, bullet placement is everything... put it in their "boiler room" and you're SURE to enjoy venison steaks & roasts when the snow flies.

Jus' my 2�... smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in .30/06. Nobody did it better.

JW
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter

JW

Make it a SS/Walnut and that's what I have, I'll never sell it!
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter

JW

That about says it all... smile
Here are two that you hardly ever see up for sale, original Remington 700 Mountain Rifles ( the wood stock/floor plate models, not the LSS or the detatchable mag abortions), and Ruger 77RL Ultralights. Both are lovely lightweight hunting rifles, and look sharp as well. I was lucky and got a Ruger 77RL Mk II in 270 from Wholesale sports when they had them on sale for 699 Cdn. I didn't realise just how lucky I was because not only did I get it cheap, it was right before they rolled out the Hawkeye with its "improved" metal finish. I don't have an original Remington, but my 7x57 is built on a 7oo action, and has the factory synthetic stock, and mountain contour barrel. I don't ever see myself selling either of those two, but would sure love a Rem Mtn in 7x57 or 257 Roberts.
© 24hourcampfire