Home
Which do you guys consider to be the fastest trimmer of cases(not power-unless a small drill). I have one of the RCBS with the long handle. Is it probably the fastest??

Cartridge is a 45 Colt. But is is for a rifle. Thanks, Tom.
The Lee trimmer.

Zero setup time and quick in use.
I would agree. The Lee trimmer is very fast. I used to trim every 5 firings or so, and used a drill to drive them. Now I just do it every time I load and by hand. You are just taking a sliver off each one and it takes no time. It is almost as fast as priming with a Lee hand priming tool. The best part with the Lee trimmer is that there is no setup, and it trims to the exact same length every time.

The only down side of the Lee system is that you need a pilot/length guage for every different cartridge you load. But they are not costly.
Lee - Hands Down!
Posted By: DMB Re: Fastest trimmer(not a Giraud). - 09/29/10
I have both the Lee and a RCBS trimmer.
For volume trimming, I set up the RCBS unit with their three way cutter so I don't have to chamfer case mouths after trimming. But, when doing just a few from a recently fired batch of cases, I go with the Lee.
[Linked Image]
I use the Lee lock system in a big vise, to lock the base of the case.
I operate the Lee lock with vise grips.
I use the 3 way RCBS trimmer, and lower it with the quill.
I manufacture a trimmer called the Worlds.Finest.Trimmer. It uses the case shoulder for a stop and a hand drill for power. It's a caliber dedicated unit, however it can be used within a case family if you order the largest caliber in that case family-308 win. does 308,7-08,260,243. You can easily trim 500 cases an hour. Please check it out on gun broker, handloader, rifle, and varmint hunter magazines. Dale
Sounds like my Possum Hollow. I only own one and it is for .223 as we go through more rounds than I care to trim on the Lee. If you are the maker, you have my thanks for a great product.
I made a little tool so that all my trimmers hook up to a small electric hand drill..I trim, outside neck ream, or whatever with this set up and its fast and really cuts beautifully on outside neck reaming without leaving the cut marks a hand trimmer does.
© 24hourcampfire