Home
Anybody loading this combo.?

My .280 shoots real well with Nosler BTs and RL-19 . I'm interested in working up a load with the same powder around the Barnes TTSX, hopefully somewhere in the neighborhood of 3000 FPS MV.
I would like the same info. Getting ready to try the 140TTSX with RL 19 in Remington 280.
Funny, I've also thought about trying that exact combo in my 280.
Yup..Seems to be very good combo.I'm running 54.8 grs outta my #1 and chrono'd it late last fall just shy of 3K by about 35 fps.Accuracy is very good also with no pressure signs.My son shot a late season Doe with this load at a ranged 165 yds and dropped her in her tracks!! Think you'll like it!!

[Linked Image]
I am just about to try some in my .280 with the same powder, does anyone have any further load information. I have read that RL 19 and 57 grains works well, one reloading book had 59 grains of RL 19 but not with the TTSX I believe it was with Speers bullets.
Loadin 59 gr in my .280ai. Sweet lil load.
I've always liked RL-22 better than '19 & almost always get better performance both accuracy wise & velocity wise.

MM
that's all i ran while i had my 280. 57.2 gr rel 19, 140 gr barnes tsx and rem 9 1/2 primer. shot 3/4" or less in a tang safety m77
I'm getting it dialed in..Got a 3 shot 1 inch group this morning with 59.0 RL-19 and then the fourth shot opened the group up.. Might have been operator error..

No signs of pressure, but I'm hesitant to go much higher. I think I'll hang around 58 or 59 grains for awhile and fiddle with seating depth.

MontanaMan.. I have a can of RL-22 and I'll give it a try.. I tried it a few years back in my .280 with 160 grainers and was not too impressed, but I don't think I tried it with the 140s..Ya never know...
© 24hourcampfire