Home
Posted By: Bryant Regular primers in 325 wsm - 02/03/12
I am out of Mag CCI primers that I use with my 325 wsm with imr4831

If I use reg. rem 9 1/2 primers will it affect my loads greatly?
would I have to work the loads up to get the same velocity. I will not be shooting in cold weather.
Posted By: efw Re: Regular primers in 325 wsm - 02/03/12
I wouldn't worry about it. Take a look at the charge weights in your WSM compared to '06s... they're quite similar, and no one says you have to have mag primers in the '06.

That is the way I'd look at it... of course if you're hunting in extreme cold it may be best to use a mag primer, especially w/ ball or spherical powders, but other than that it shouldn't cause you issues.
Posted By: Bryant Re: Regular primers in 325 wsm - 02/03/12
10-4 thanks
Posted By: taz4570 Re: Regular primers in 325 wsm - 02/03/12
Right, cold weather would be one thought. However, I'd also shoot a few groups to see what it does to velocity and POI.
Posted By: EWY Re: Regular primers in 325 wsm - 02/04/12
I have shot a lot of 270WSM with standard primers without any problems using RL 19 22 and 25. I don't think you'll have any trouble.

Ernie
Posted By: KSJohn Re: Regular primers in 325 wsm - 02/04/12
I use standard Winchester primers in my 7mm Dakota and have not had issues. I used them as the gave the most consistent speeds and best groups. I think under 80 grains powder they are fine. Mine has always done fine down into 20 degree temps.
It will be fine. I know a lot of people that load thier magnums using large rifle primers instead of the magnums. all they are is a hoter ignition
© 24hourcampfire