Home
Posted By: clos Giraud case trimmer - 04/06/12
anyone have one? are the worth the $$. me and a buddy might go halves on one.
Posted By: Buzzsaw Re: Giraud case trimmer - 04/13/12
Oh my gosh....YES. They are very expensive but absoloutley worth every penny. If you do allot of trimming please call Doug and buy one. Your thumbs will appreciate it. If you load 6.5 Grendel PM me I have a complete blade cutter assembly still in origional package. I sold my rifle before I ever needed to trim cases.

You just push the case in and it is trimmed perfectly and chamferd inside and out, incredibly fast!

You will only cry once.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Giraud case trimmer - 04/13/12
Yep, awesome tool, and if you shoot high power, feed a AR, or shoot prairie dogs its a god sent.

I do all three !

Posted By: clos Re: Giraud case trimmer - 04/13/12
thanks for the info guys
Posted By: devnull Re: Giraud case trimmer - 04/14/12
Best investment in reloading that saves the most time at the reloading bench.
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: Giraud case trimmer - 04/15/12

Before you dump a wad of cash on a Giraud, you need to check out a Little Crow trimmer. Same concept but you supply the motor, IE, drill, drill press etc. I'm ordering one each in 308 and 223 and plan to chuck them in my drill press. With the cash you save you can buy an RCBS Case prep center and still be dollars ahead.
Posted By: Cinch Re: Giraud case trimmer - 04/17/12
Ordered my Giraud a little over a week ago and it shipped out yesterday. Really looking forward to using it. Amazed at how well the used ones hold their value.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Giraud case trimmer - 04/17/12
Once you have the Giruad set up you can process brass pushing a piece of brass down in the tool with one hand then removing it and putting it in a box while bpicking up brass from the box with the other hand and putting it in the tool.

With a bit of coordination you can trimm, chamfer, and debur a 100 pieces in a bit over 10 minutes.

Friggin' awesome
Posted By: Cinch Re: Giraud case trimmer - 04/17/12
How hard is it to set the trimmer up for a different case? Say go from 308 to 243?
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Giraud case trimmer - 04/20/12
Not bad

There are only two adjustments.

1. You change out the shell holder that indexes off the shoulder. They are spring loaded so they hold the brass up off the cutting head. The shell holder adjusts down like a due and has a lock ring.

2. The blade that trimms, debuts, and chamfers needs to be adjusted. To do so put a piece of brass in, push it down to meet the cutting head and loosen the blade, then center it on the case mouth and re- tighten it.

I decided to order multiple cutting heads with each cartridge I have, this works great if you have the things like a 308, and 30-06.

Posted By: Metplat Re: Giraud case trimmer - 05/22/12
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Before you dump a wad of cash on a Giraud, you need to check out a Little Crow trimmer. Same concept but you supply the motor, IE, drill, drill press etc. I'm ordering one each in 308 and 223 and plan to chuck them in my drill press. With the cash you save you can buy an RCBS Case prep center and still be dollars ahead.

That RCBS case prep center??? I have never seen one. What does it do beyond the Giraurd?
Posted By: Robert_White Re: Giraud case trimmer - 09/20/14
Still the best?
Posted By: funshooter Re: Giraud case trimmer - 09/20/14
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Once you have the Giruad set up you can process brass pushing a piece of brass down in the tool with one hand then removing it and putting it in a box while bpicking up brass from the box with the other hand and putting it in the tool.

With a bit of coordination you can trimm, chamfer, and debur a 100 pieces in a bit over 10 minutes.

Friggin' awesome

This
I would not trade my Giraud trimmer for any other on the market.

I trim my rifle brass every time I reload now and it is no hassle at all. The Giraud made it just another enjoyable part of the reloading process.

I have to add the 100 cases in 10 minutes. If there is not much trimming needed that is probably a long estimate on what it can do. The trimmer is mega fast at it job.
Posted By: Dustylongshot Re: Giraud case trimmer - 09/21/14
I have been using one for 12 years and I wouldn't trade for anything else. Fast and accurate.
Posted By: Landkiller Re: Giraud case trimmer - 09/21/14
It is a time saver for sure. I feel like they are worth the money.
© 24hourcampfire