Home
Posted By: obie458 Trophy bonded tip? - 04/22/12
Is the trophy bonded tip available as a component bullet?
Posted By: keith Re: Trophy bonded tip? - 04/22/12
There are some on www.gunbroker.com for sale under Reloading-Supplies.
Posted By: obie458 Re: Trophy bonded tip? - 04/22/12
I'm looking for the 200gr .338". The trophy bonded tip looks like a great bulled design and I would like to give them a try but it looks like there not available. At least I can't find them.
Posted By: greentimber Re: Trophy bonded tip? - 04/22/12
I've been looking for them for years. Finally said to hell with them and went Barnes.
Posted By: prm Re: Trophy bonded tip? - 04/23/12
Seems Federal made the decision to not offer bullets as components.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Trophy bonded tip? - 04/23/12
The Trophy bonded bear claw Federal use to load has to be one of the better performing bullets in my opinion!

Once in a while there is a guy selling large quanities in the classifieds goes by crod1972, keep an eye out!
Posted By: greentimber Re: Trophy bonded tip? - 04/23/12
Originally Posted by prm
Seems Federal made the decision to not offer bullets as components.

Someone up there likes go tease us. There were reports all over about these being released as components. They did something similar with 6.8 SPC. I still have a copy of that one somewhere. Never happened, though I hear that's changing.
Posted By: prm Re: Trophy bonded tip? - 04/23/12
The Trophy Bonded Tips were even listed on the Federal Premium website with part numbers for a time. That was about two years ago, give or take.
Posted By: obie458 Re: Trophy bonded tip? - 04/23/12
I just got this reply from federal. "Currently there are no plans on offering that bullet as a reloading component." So much for that idea.
Posted By: Horseman Re: Trophy bonded tip? - 04/25/12
Is anyone concerned about running a harder nickel plated projectile down the bore? They look like great bullets aside from the plating.
Posted By: Horseman Re: Trophy bonded tip? - 04/26/12
Surely someone has an opinion about nickel plated bullets....
Posted By: prm Re: Trophy bonded tip? - 04/26/12
Originally Posted by Horseman
Surely someone has an opinion about nickel plated bullets....

Too shiny for me. grin
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Trophy bonded tip? - 04/26/12
I'd buy some as components if for no other reason than to try them out but I'm not going to cough up the change to try them in loaded ammo.
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Trophy bonded tip? - 04/27/12
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I'd buy some as components if for no other reason than to try them out but I'm not going to cough up the change to try them in loaded ammo.

+1 They are screwing themselves by thinking lots of handloaders will want to buy factory loads to try TBTs.
I sure won't.
Offer them as components, for crying out loud. You're missing the boat.
Posted By: prm Re: Trophy bonded tip? - 04/27/12
Agreed. I don't think components take away from factory ammo sales. Two relatively independant markets. A handloader is going to handload. Not selling components is a lost opportunity.
Posted By: magshooter1 Re: Trophy bonded tip? - 04/27/12
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by navlav8r

+1 They are screwing themselves by thinking lots of handloaders will want to buy factory loads to try TBTs.
I sure won't.
Offer them as components, for crying out loud. You're missing the boat.

+1 Same here. I aint buying factory ammo to try a bullet.
© 24hourcampfire