Home
Anybody here done a recent inventory of reloading equipment and supplies amassed over the years? I have been reloading for only 35 yrs. and have a lot of things on my "would like to have list" that I am sure will be added over time. I just changed insurance companies and am putting a rider on my guns and as an afterthought I decided to inventory my little 6' x 9' reloading room. I was amazed to discover a value (replacement cost) of over $8,000.00. I have seen pics on here of reloading rooms much larger and more equipped than mine and can only imagine....

Not trying to scare off any future reloaders; remember it took 35 yrs. but I was still a little shocked. I'll add pictures in the morning.....
A fellow reloader and I were, just yesterday, discussing the current prices on ammo.

At forty bucks a box, it would not take long to come up with eight grand in loaded ammo.
Very true! I could have added that without all that "stuff" I could not shoot nearly as much as I do and besides, reloading is just plain fun and interesting. However, I still didn't dream that I had that much stuff.

Loaders, components and ammo, at least 8 grand...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee202/bridgershooters/115_2139.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee202/bridgershooters/115_2138.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee202/bridgershooters/115_2144.jpg[/img]
Looks more like eighty in those pics. Looks great, though. And I thought I had a lot of stuff.
You've got ME beat Shrapnel smile
I took inventory 10 years ago in a divorce. Over $10,000 in hand loading, rifles, scopes, and other stuff at that time. I'm betting it's more like $20,000 now.

Amazing how those ones and twos add up!
I probably have over 8K just in powder and another 3 or 4 K in primers. It's all boxed up for a pending move. I cry when I think about having to move my lead stash since I cast bullets.

Your not s reloader, your a hoarder. Nice stash

Let us know when the next estate sale is going to be...... whistle
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
A fellow reloader and I were, just yesterday, discussing the current prices on ammo.

At forty bucks a box, it would not take long to come up with eight grand in loaded ammo.

Would not take long to pay for a start-up reloading set neither, counting all consumable components also.

Reloading is a passed down skill in my family from my dads side. I have an old paper can half full of hodgdons surplus 4831. Price on the little tag, $1.30. cool The stuff still good too, No red dust or any sign of deterioration. Wish it was an 8 lb keg........

I've had a similar experience, and all I've got to say is, it's been a fun 38 years. I'm sure I've saved enough (assuming I'd have shot as much w/o reloading) to pay for the equipment. I started in 1974, with a Lee loader. When I bought a press in 1979, it was a good one, and I'm still using it and most everything else purchased since w/o replacement. My electronic stuff is only a few years old..I doubt it will stand the test of time like the original stuff though.
Shrapnel ... two words for ya buddy
In Sane

Alright I feelin a little "Reload envy" here. NICE!!!
Adding up the cost of what I have sitting around is probably an enterprise best left undone.
I have NO reloading equipment officer!

No guns, no scopes no nothing...

oh all of that stuff was here when we moved in... whistle
I have NO idea what it is for or how you use it... grin
Originally Posted by Seafire
I have NO reloading equipment officer!

No guns, no scopes no nothing...

oh all of that stuff was here when we moved in... whistle
I have NO idea what it is for or how you use it... grin

Yeah right. The nose is growing
shrapnel

It looks like you need to remodel a bit to expand the room so you can put more stuff in there.

You have the reloading equipment of my dreams.
My reload room is soon to be 15x15 with three spacious closets. It is currently 10x10.

I have been at it since 1972. I have spent more effort lately upgrading to better tools. So, in that respect I suppose I have substantial funds invested.

I give away my replaced items. I could not even begin to guess the inventory costs.
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
shrapnel

It looks like you need to remodel a bit to expand the room so you can put more stuff in there.

You have the reloading equipment of my dreams.

Actually my reloading room, as it is, fits like a worn out flannel shirt that you just can't throw away. If I had more room, I would have more stuff, and at the rate I am shooting, which is still quite a bit, I believe I have enough to last me almost to the end.

That is a scary thought, that I might actually be able to see that far, or that near...
Compared to you, Shrapnel, I am a rank dabbler in the reloading business. smile
© 24hourcampfire