Home
Is one really better than the other on game? Is one more accurate or is it just personal preference? I have read that the BTSP is easier to reload and I can see why that would be. Anyway, just looking for opinions on why one may be better than the other.

Thanks,
They are both great bullets and there is little difference out to 300yds or so, although you might find the SP a little more accurate inside 300ish yds. They have similar construction, the BTSP just has a boat tail which supposedly keeps it more stable at longer ranger and also makes it easier to seat, opposed to the SP, but it really isn't that hard to seat the SP either, just harder than the BTSP. Neither bullet is a bad choice, I've had great accuracy and on-game results with both. On deer they usually expand quite large but still punch on through leaving a large wound channel, I've yet to recover one, even shooting through shoulders. The BTSPs are longer than the SPs also, something to keep in mind if powder space is limited.
I used to run the 165's in 300 Magnums on deer only, could never tell the difference between the flat base or BTSP, always complete penetration and 98% DRT's blush

Gunner
day in and day out the 30 cal 150 sp has given me better accuracy than the bt and same with the 139's in the 7's.

Dober
© 24hourcampfire