Home
I'm new to the forum and new to reloading. I am acquiring supplies and I'm interested in getting a prep center. Anyone have experience with RCBS, Lyman, etc? Good/bad?
Based on price/necessity, a work bench and a few simple tools are the best bet.
Originally Posted by 5sdad

+1
Originally Posted by pullit
Originally Posted by 5sdad

+1

Agreed. Until they come up with a machine you can throw 100 hulls in and turn out 100 fully prepped cases at the push of a button I'll just stick to the simple stuff.
I have the RCBS prep center, works great and speeds up the process for my uses.

BD
I have a Lyman and have been pleased with it.
can those of you who have those prep centers elaborate about the specific features you really like?

as compared to manual case prep?
I have the RCBS and it sure saves hand cramps over useing hand tools but I do a bit more than most at one time and old big hands . But since I now have the RCBS power trimmer and 3 way cutter and the stainless steel pin media and wet tumbler , I don't have to use the prep near as much
The only thing I could see it coming in handy for would be removing crimps on military brass. And you've only got to do that once.
Ended up getting the Lyman. It comes with all the heads unlike the RCBS.
I'm getting a Lyman for Christmas and loving it already. Liked the fact there's a rim around the work area to hem up shavings. There's a few thousand handloaded .223 rounds in my future and I decided to save my fingers from twideling that many case necks with a manual deburring tool.
I have the Lyman and did about 1k cases with it so far and I'm happy with it.

The only complaint and it's really not a complaint is the outside burr remover should be able to accommodate up to .50. While doing .45 Colt cases I didn't always get my aim correct and would catch one of the prongs with a case.
Buy once, cry once the RCBS is worth the money. I bought one last year and its a good tool to add to the bench. I wish I would have picked one up years ago. It speeds up the process.
© 24hourcampfire