Home
Posted By: Higginez Hand Loading for Long Range - 03/06/15
Tresmon's "Hand Loading for Long Range" threads all in one place. Can we make this a sticky and get rid of the others?

#1 Brass Prep

#2 Bullet sort/prep

#3 Finding start OAL

#4 Powderin it
Up
Lots of different ways to frame a house, stroke a motor, chamber a barrel, and make match grade ammo.......The standard lies somewhere near the middle of each process!

X-VERMINATOR
???
Posted By: STS45 Re: Hand Loading for Long Range - 11/18/15
tag
depends on what u think long range is.any range beyond a weapons pbr + a few yards requires a qualified shooter. accuracy can be tailored to any weapon. all of mine shoot under .500 at 100 yards.long range also is governed by terminal ballistics ,and game size.
Posted By: Hesp Re: Hand Loading for Long Range - 12/24/18
Practice,practice,practice.
Originally Posted by Hesp
Practice,practice,practice.

Yep, then when you can hit a 2" diameter plate at 400 yards, you know you are golden...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
long range reloading
how many full turns 1-8/1-91/2 1-10 -1-11
reload the round to the barrel length, lands and grooves are they cut or done with a button and how many passes
weight of slug, grains of powder, bolt action neck size only and set slug so it engages the rifleing first and the case slides over
have the powder burn end at the time the back of slug is out of barrel
each style and weight of bullet acts different at distance shot
Originally Posted by johnt189
long range reloading
how many full turns 1-8/1-91/2 1-10 -1-11
reload the round to the barrel length, lands and grooves are they cut or done with a button and how many passes
weight of slug, grains of powder, bolt action neck size only and set slug so it engages the rifleing first and the case slides over
have the powder burn end at the time the back of slug is out of barrel
each style and weight of bullet acts different at distance shot

You should make a really dumb, incoherent post on a sticky...
I believe that if you have a rifle that will shoot 1/2" moa off bags at 100 yds it will also shoot 1/2" moa at 1000 yds. The question is can you!
© 24hourcampfire