Home
Posted By: Jason280 RCBS Precision Mic? - 01/11/16
Picked up an RCBS Precision Mic in 7mm-08 over the weekend for cheap, and curious if anyone else is using one. How helpful are they, and are they worth fooling around with? Thanks!
I get one for every caliber I might load for! Fantastic tool! I strictly use it for measuring the shoulders. You can check new brass when you get it and follow up checking after each firing. Once you feel a little bolt pressure, that's the longest measurement for your chamber! From that point on you can check a piece of brass and know exactly how far of a bump your getting or if you need a shoulder bump at all!

The portion of the tool designed for measuring the ogive is pure crap! Don't waste your time with it! JMHO

A RCBS Precision Mic, Lee collet, Redding Body die and a Redding Competition seater are the first tools I get for every caliber! OH and a Hornady modified case for their tool also is a must!
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: RCBS Precision Mic? - 01/12/16
I can't fine a thing wrong with GS's post.

Especially the ogive tool....
Posted By: ricksmith Re: RCBS Precision Mic? - 01/12/16
I prefer the Hornady tool, use to be made by Stoney Point.Rick.
Posted By: Jason280 Re: RCBS Precision Mic? - 01/12/16
Thanks for the information!
Posted By: Bob338 Re: RCBS Precision Mic? - 01/13/16
Originally Posted by ricksmith
I prefer the Hornady tool, use to be made by Stoney Point.Rick.

Ditto.

I sold all my Precision Mic's though I believe I still have one somewhere in 300 Win Mag. I had a half dozen or so of them and found the Hornady tool much faster and more precise.
© 24hourcampfire