Home
With components still being hard to come by I am tired of waiting on 375 H&H brass but found a supply of Prvi partisan brass.

Wondering if anyone has loaded with this brass and what you think?
My experience with Prvi brass has been very good. It seems to be of good quality.

I have nothing but good stuff to say about it.

DF
Thanks DF!
According to JB and others, it tends to be heavier/thicker than some other brands, so take that into account.

DF
Very good luck and with a 303 to boot which tends to be a PITA caliber.
7x57 & .22 Hornet have been good for me.
.22 Hornet and .22 Jet.

Try finding some of the latter...

DF
I did notice they also make 303 savage. I may have to get a bag of that as well for my 1899.
6.5x55 is made to proper dimensions. The primer pockets were cut too square, a deburring tool fixed that.
In 243 and 25-06 I've had no problems. With my 7mm-08 the primer pockets where too small. Ended up tossing 61 of the 100 cases.

Still use them in all three calibers though.
Have been reloading 200 pieces of it in 308 Win for about 15 years. Still going strong.

Glad to hear it, going to make the 30 minute drive over to Powder Valley and pick some up.
I'm using PRVI brass in a couple of cartridges, but they haven't been in service long enough to say they will last as long, but they seem to shoot as good.

I was glad to see this:

Have been reloading 200 pieces of it in 308 Win for about 15 years. Still going strong.

I have multiple lots in 243 Win, some with cyrillic letters, and some with Western/English letters. All are soft in the head; not at all tough. I don't like that brass. Because of this experience, the tiny amount of 308 Prvi brass I had went straight to the recycle bucket after I fired the loaded ammo.

That said, I have experienced the same lack of toughness from all the Nosler and Norma brass I've used, and the only Lapua brass I have is similar, though at least slightly tougher. So, maybe Prvi is 'on-par' with European brass. It's just not as tough as LC, R-P or Winchester (before Olin sold the brass business a few years ago).

And to be clear: I'm NOT talking about toughness in the face of overloads. I'm talking about max-pressure, but within book velocity & charge limits.
I have used Prvi .308 brass for 8-10 full power loads, still trying to wear it out. I like it.
In my region of the Canadas, Prvi is quite common. It has been for many years. I will probably draw fire for saying this, but IMO, it is better made than North American brass.

I say this because they make cases according to specifications. I first noticed this with their 6.5x55 and 303 British brass. The rims were the correct diameter and thickness. After reloading it for seven different cartridges over fifteen yrs, I think their cases get a better heat treating.

I had some issues with factory loaded 308 ammunition seven or eight years ago, but that seems to be an anomaly. I use more milspec 7.62x51mm brass these days because it's cheaper and made to a specific design.

I prefer Prvi or Lapua for my target and varmint rifles because I believe it is better made than Win or Rem.

I don't know what the price of PP is in the US, but up here, it's cheaper and seems easier to get than the US made brass which is another plus. Because the loaded ammunition is cheaper than US made factory, so I buy 5 boxes and I'm good to go.

It cannot hurt to try, and I think you'll be happy.
Been outstanding in both .300 Win Mag and 8x57 for me.
No, no, no. Do not believe those who say it's good stuff, it's awful. Don't buy it, leave it for me. laugh
Has worked for me in 7X57 and 7-08. Good stuff.
I've only used it in 7mm-08. It's been fine so far, but I've only loaded it three times. It seems to be as good as WW or RP. Time will tell.
Have only used it in my 9.3x62 CZ. With JB's loads it has worked just fine and I am on my third load.
My limited experience with it in 30-06 is that it is pretty darned good. Primer pockets were round and snug. The brass was pretty thick. I weighed it and the variation was acceptable. Greater than Nosler and Hornady, but still not bad.
Did you measure the neck walls for uniformity?
I have, on four lots of Prvi brass in 6.5x55, 8x57, 7.5x55 and .22-250. Overall, the Prvi brass is about as good as some better lots of Remington or Winchester brass in that regard.
I didn't mathman.
Like Jim I've found them to be middle of the pack in that regard. It's hard to get Lapua necks for 2/3 Lapua price.
I've been using their brass for both my 8x60s and 9.3x62. Had trouble with shallow primer pockets with the 8x60 brass, I'd guess 60% required the primer pockets to be recut. Pocket depth left primers standing proud and varied from case to case quite a bit. Different story with the 9.3x62, checked all the pockets and only a few of that 100 case lot needed to be squared up/ cleaned up slightly. From my experience with 200 cases, it varied. Once the primer pockets were cleaned up, brass performed well.
DPV
Some guy a couple of years ago was going to trash about 80 rounds, after shooting up 4 boxes of some really old 22.250 cartridges...

he gave them to me and I gave him a few bucks to buy himself a beer on the way home...

I'll admit, they weren't as "smooth" as other brass... sorta commie made quality if ya know what I mean....

but I tested them out, if nothing else....

ran them hard, with overload charges...

they held up just fine, for 40 reloads on them...when I decided to retire them.. still have them sitting in the boxes he gave them to me in...in case I ever need to use them again...

Sitting real flush on Rem and Win 22.250 Brass I bought that was supposedly once fired...so far its seemed to be...
It's all I've used in old milsurps, 6.5x55, 7x57, 8x57 Mausers and 303 Brit. for five or six years. I don't load them to max and have to trim the 303 after three or four times but never had a problem with any of it in any rifle.
Bought some and 308 many years ago. I had to full length size them because headspace was too long to fit two different factory rifles that I've had no problem with otherwise. It's thick and heavy and you have to reduce charges. Neck thickness quality is about like others say not great...not horrible.
For all the monkeying around Id never buy it again unless it was a last resort.
© 24hourcampfire