Home
Got a new 8 pounder of the stuff, just noticed it says made in Switzerland. When did they start that?
Hey, someone's paying attn!!

Checked my 1 lb's purchased last year and they're made in Canada. The 8lb picked up this summer is made in Switzerland.
maybe the canucks are getting all politically correct and anti gun with Trudeau's Love Child as their Premier now...

Hence a move of manufacturing to a gun friendly nation such as Switzerland...

as long it is the same 4064....

That might be a reason you see tons of it for sale everywhere... and often at discounted pricing...

They are selling off the old Canadian Made Stock.
Ehhhhhh.... No, not at all.
IMR doesn't make chit, they don't even own a plant anymore. Hodgdon will least-cost buy anything, they have proven that before.
The former IMR plant up in Quebec is owned by defense contractor General Dynamics. That plant was totally revamped last year, and where the new hotness Enduron powders come from. IMR is simply a brand name you know, that Hodgy resells.

Here is who makes the powders you know about.

General Dynamics -American Defense company that makes all Canadian-made IMR rifle powders, all Winchester Ball powders, some Accurates, the Alliant shpericals (PowerPro), and some Hodgdons.
ATK/Orbital -American defense company that used to make all American-made Alliant pistol/shotgun powders (the flake powders, basically). Now BAE Systems has the contract to operate the Radford arsenal, so not sure what they can make, if anything.
Thales -French defense company that owns ADI, makes all of Hodgy's "Extreme" rifle powders, plus some IMRs. At least 27% owned by the State of France, and 25.9% owned by Dassault.
Rheinmetall -German defense company, owner of Nitrochemie. Makes Reloder-17. Don't know about other commercial powders.
Groupe SNPE -French State-owned. Makes all Bofors (most of the Reloder line, and the Norma line) and Ramshot powders via their Eurenco layer.
Nammo -Makes Vihtavuori powders, pending regulatory approval of purchase from Eurenco. Nammo is owned 50/50 by the State of Norway and Patria group. Patria is 73.2% owned by the State of Finland, 26.8% by Airbus Industries. So, Nammo is 50% Norwegian, 36.6% Finnish, and 13.4% French.
Make sure you have at least 8 lb of what ever powder you like.

Dad had enough powder and shotgun ammo to last through WW2 and into the mid-50's. I gotta respect that.
Ran some of the new 4064 over the chrono alongside the old stuff, 30-06 loads.

The old stuff, 52 grains under a 150 Hornady, ran 2977. I worked the new stuff up to 52 grains, ran 2897.

Will have to chrono it in the other guns I use it in.
© 24hourcampfire