Home
Posted By: Otter6 Oh well. Se la vie. - 05/23/17
Bought some 100 grain boat tail Speer .243 bullets a while back. Upon inspection,they were found to have a lip around the top of the boat tail,and smeared points. The exposed lead tips were smeared down one side of the jacket. Not a huge deal,but these weren't blems. The tooling is obviously in need of some work. So,off to Speer they went. After sending them pics and the lot number. They did in fact send back 2 boxes. One to cover my return shipping. Of the SAME LOT NUMBER! With the same flaws. Well,if it isn't bad enough component prices have doubled the last few years,and availability can suck. Now we can expect blems at full price. Even in return for other blems. The first box of bullets I ever bought were Speer. 42 years ago. The last box of Speer I ever bought was 3 months ago. Se la vie.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Oh well. Se la vie. - 05/24/17
C'est la vie, c'est la guerre. Sh*t happens, even to the best. Sorry it happened to you.
Posted By: hanco Re: Oh well. Se la vie. - 05/24/17
It goes to show, you never can tell!!
Posted By: agazain Re: Oh well. Se la vie. - 05/24/17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKvGVVpj9jQ
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Oh well. Se la vie. - 05/24/17

agazain, that is exactly what was running through my head when I saw the thread title.

Well done!
Posted By: nick Re: Oh well. Se la vie. - 05/25/17
Doesn't that suck, when you get the response/help you ask for....and you get the same poor results or worse.
I thought that only happened to me
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Oh well. Se la vie. - 05/25/17
Oh well
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Oh well. Se la vie. - 05/25/17
Yep. It's too bad. I hate to see another solid performer go down the tubes. There have been yellow boxes on my bench since the beginning. I guess I need to launch one more email for my own satisfaction.
Posted By: Bbear Re: Oh well. Se la vie. - 05/26/17
As grandfather roseannadanna always said, "It just goes to show you, it's always something."
Posted By: smokepole Re: Oh well. Se la vie. - 05/26/17
Originally Posted by Otter6
Yep. It's too bad. I hate to see another solid performer go down the tubes. There have been yellow boxes on my bench since the beginning. I guess I need to launch one more email for my own satisfaction.

On the other hand, it could be one dumb-ass in the shipping department who screwed up, not the whole company. Every company has a few. I'd go back to them and see what they do to make it right.
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Oh well. Se la vie. - 05/26/17
I sent an email and got a response . They wanted to know if they were in fact the same problem. I said they were in fact exactly the same. Waiting for a follow up.
Posted By: battue Re: Oh well. Se la vie. - 05/28/17
Originally Posted by hanco
It goes to show, you never can tell!!

"Say the old folks."
Posted By: smokepole Re: Oh well. Se la vie. - 05/28/17
You never can tell the old folks anything:....that they remember.
Posted By: battue Re: Oh well. Se la vie. - 05/28/17
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

agazain, that is exactly what was running through my head when I saw the thread title.

Well done!

Pulp fiction came to mind..

© 24hourcampfire