Home
Posted By: Fotis Berger Elite Hunter 6.5mm 140 gr - 08/07/17
where do you guys seat these bullets in relation to the lands for accuracy?

I plan to load some for my 6.5x300 WBY....... I know it has freebore
I have a box of elite hunters but haven't tried them yet. They appear to be identical to the 140gr Hybrids in profile. While I load the hybrids to the lands and get great accuracy, the entire point of the Hybrid was great BC with no COAL sensitivity. Same with the elite hunter. In your chamber, I would load them to max length for the magazine and then run a COAL length test per Berger's recommendation. It's on their website.

John
Tried that. 3.7" max magazine COAL great velocity with RL33 and Retumbo awful accuracy (1.75-2")
I haven't had much luck with high-BC boattails in Weatherby freebores. Best I've done occurred last week, while testing a 6.5/300 Weatherby. A max load with 143 ELD-X's went into a little over an inch, which is far better than usual with freebores. My 7mm Weatherby Magnum would do around 4" with 168 Berger VLD's, and around an inch or less with flat-base bullets.
I'd try the factory max seating depth of 3.580-3.600. Factory depth has worked well in a few weatherby rifles for me.
Cool!!!!!!!!!!!
© 24hourcampfire