Home
That time of year is upon us when the .30-06 and .308 shooters in the Northeast woods start loading up those 180 grain RN buck-slayers. I don't have a nickle in this, but this link goes to what looks to be a good buy, even with the shipping. Do they look like Speer Hot-Cor to you? Remington Core-Lokts have a cannelure, as do the Hornady Interlock RN. Anyway....load 'em up!
I like them. I have some loaded for my 7mm Mauser.
Originally Posted by tzone
I like them. I have some loaded for my 7mm Mauser.

I load Hornady 154gr RN in 7mm-08 for when it does woods duty. They group very well! They're discontinued, but I think I have a lifetime supply!
I don't have a ton of them. 150 left probably
Originally Posted by tzone
I don't have a ton of them. 150 left probably

Hell, at my age that's a 'lifetime supply'!
laugh
I loaded up some 180 grain RN Hornadys for my 7600 30-06 Carbine. They just seem right for that gun.
Love thos RN bullets myself....
160gr .277 Partitions are about as close to RN as I get, but they're killer-dillers.
Originally Posted by mrchongo
That time of year is upon us when the .30-06 and .308 shooters in the Northeast woods start loading up those 180 grain RN buck-slayers. I don't have a nickle in this, but this link goes to what looks to be a good buy, even with the shipping. Do they look like Speer Hot-Cor to you? Remington Core-Lokts have a cannelure, as do the Hornady Interlock RN. Anyway....load 'em up!

Definitely look like Speer RN bullets. Out to 300 yards they kill like nobody's business. I've ran 180 and 220 grain in my 06's and 154's out of a 7-08. They are easy to get to shoot well and expand nicely and easy but so do polymer tipped bullets such as SST's and ballistic tips with better BC. Unfortunately all they do that a spitzer won't is look nostalgic but sometimes that's enough.

not to start a riot, but that link takes you to 250 180g RN for $49.99 which is 20 cents a piece. (pretty good deal) delivered

today (labor day) they are having 15% off for labor day AND 10% off for projectiles.

I just paid $37.49 for 250, which is 15 cents a piece delivered. thats a deal.. 30-40KRAG and 300 SAV, here we come.

thanks for the heads up
I have 200 Remington 150 gr .270 core-lokts round nose waiting for my next .270. In my lat .270 I loanded them down to 2,650 for woods hunting.....performance was predictable.

Doc
Wish Hornady would make a seasonal run of the good old Round Noses they use to make...
I think that all of you should sell off or give away any BG rifles that are not 30-06s, take the money, and buy Hornady 220 gr. RNs. You'll also need a funky 30-06 bolt action rifle like this fabulous rifle I found hidden behind Door Number Two about 25 yrs ago.

[Linked Image]

P.S. This rifle likes 200 gr. Speer SPs and 220 gr. Hornady RNs. The hammer of Thor.
The SST doesn't work for me in my 7x57. The streamlined SST bumps up the pressure to where I'd have to slow my recipe down. 154 gr flat base interlocks for me.

It's tough finding any 7mm RN bullets to reload with these days.

Dan
Originally Posted by Sycamore

not to start a riot, but that link takes you to 250 180g RN for $49.99 which is 20 cents a piece. (pretty good deal) delivered

today (labor day) they are having 15% off for labor day AND 10% off for projectiles.

I just paid $37.49 for 250, which is 15 cents a piece delivered. thats a deal.. 30-40KRAG and 300 SAV, here we come.

thanks for the heads up

I too pulled the trigger on 250 of them. Can't beat the price. For our deer inside 300 yards,they will do just fine.
Originally Posted by Dantheman
The SST doesn't work for me in my 7x57. The streamlined SST bumps up the pressure to where I'd have to slow my recipe down. 154 gr flat base interlocks for me.

It's tough finding any 7mm RN bullets to reload with these days.

Dan

old 154 rn hornadys right? and 175s
The bullets came yesterday. Can't complain. They seem to be first quality,not seconds. Fast delivery too. I like em.
© 24hourcampfire