Home
Posted By: ring3 Found bullets - 09/20/17
I found these with a bunch of scrap lead. Was going to melt them but they look shootable. Anyone know what brand they might be? Size and weight are obvious. I can't seem to find them online. No big deal, just curious. Any ID help appreciated.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Found bullets - 09/20/17
They look like Speer to me.
Posted By: old70 Re: Found bullets - 09/20/17
They look like the old Speer 146 gr. Half jacket. I used a bunch of those in a model 28 I had. Good accurate bullet in .38 or .357 brass.
Posted By: pavementends Re: Found bullets - 09/20/17
They appear to be the Speer 146 gr half jacket. As best I recall Speer cautioned against light loads as their is a possibility of leaving the jacket in the barrel. Had it happen on a 3" M36 Smith about 1969. Lead was gone but half of jacket was sticking out of the end of the barrel. They shot very well.
Pavementends
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Found bullets - 09/21/17
Those are Speer 146 swc hp's with a 3/4 jacket. They are one of the most accurate .357 bullets I've used in my .357's. unfortunately they have been discontinued but I've got a few hundred left. Don't use them for reduced loads.
Posted By: ring3 Re: Found bullets - 09/21/17
Thanks for all the responses! Will look into shooting them. No sense melting them just to make bullets again.

Rob
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Found bullets - 09/21/17
No challenge at all.

Next time, find something a little tougher.😛
Posted By: hanco Re: Found bullets - 09/21/17
Guys on here don't miss much!!🤡
Posted By: ring3 Re: Found bullets - 09/22/17
They sure don't! Love this place. Dug out my #10 Speer manual. Plenty on hand to put these to use.

Thanks!
© 24hourcampfire