Home
Any hunting loads for 25-35 to share, specifically am open to spire points with good penetration? Am ever watching for a bear opportunity in these parts.

Put a neat old combination gun on lay-away, 25-35 x 16ga. As a break-action, it won't be limited to the widely recommended Hornady RN 117gr, though I understand it'd be generally adequate. Wondering about a 100gr partition as an alternative? Looking at Load-Data, around 2000-2200fps? Or maybe go hard cast at those speeds? Any experiences?
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/7...-110-grain-flex-tip-expanding-box-of-100
A friend used these to take a a doe and spike mule deer. Not sure what the load was. He was happy with the way they worked.
I have a Sharps Borchardt chambered in 25-35. It was rebarreled with a Winchester barrel from I what I presume was a 250 Savage or 25-06. It has a slow twist (1-14") barrel, so I have been using 87 and 90 gr bullets in it. It does seem to shoot 117 gr bullets OK when shooting at rocks and other targets of opportunity.

I use 28.5 gr H4895 under 87 gr Sierra bullets for most of my shooting. I have not shot any big game with this combo. You should check the twist of your barrel to determine how heavy you can go. If it will shoot a 100gr bullet OK, I would load them up and go for it. I don't believe premium bullets will buy you anything in this cartridge, so the standard Nosler solid base or Hornady interlock should be find. Put one through the lungs and the deer will die.
© 24hourcampfire