Home
I've been reading such fantastic things about RL 26 on here that I broke down and bought some to try. There's not a huge amount of load data out there for this powder so I'm considering biting the bullet and getting a copy of Quickload. My interests for the powder include 280Rem, 260Rem, 25-06AI, and 240Wby. None of these cartridges have load data available.

Who's using the latest 3.9 version and what do you think about it? Any quirks when used in Windows 10? Is RL 26 in the powder database and if so has it been accurate?

Anyone on here bought QL and regretted it?

I've been reloading now for about 5-6yrs and this software seems like it would be a valuable tool, but I want to make sure before I buy.
TL, my version of QL is 3.8 and it has all three cartridges and RL-26. I've had it for 6 or 7 years and have updated several times on regrets. Can't say anything about Windows 10, still running 7.

QL has a lot of variables that need inputting to get the best out come. I use it only as a tool.
I run QL on a Windows 10 machine, no problem. It's a great tool, and I'm glad I bought it...BUT, there are certain powders missing from the database that have been out for a while. I find that frustrating at times.
BUT, there are certain powders missing from the database that have been out for a while. I find that frustrating at times.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Like Superformance and the MR Alliant powders.

RL26 seems to be directed towards overbore, higher pressure cartridges and heavy for caliber bullets. Alliant probably published cartridges and loads that they thought would benefit the most from RL26. In some of the published loads, the increase in velocity is small, in other cartridges a fair amount of increase. I see RL26 as almost a "speciality" powder for a relatively small number of cartridges.

I would think Alliant will be offering more load data in the future.

Of course, that doesn't stop loonies from pouring RL26 into everything that shoots.............
That's why we're called "loonies," right? If a handful of grass clippings and a couple of match heads is reputed to do the trick, I'm there.
cool
© 24hourcampfire