Home
Production has re-started on the Interbonds and they are showing up on store shelves. Hornady told me the way the bullets would be produced was changing to make production faster and more efficient. They said the previous way of making them was very slow.

Anyone tried the new ones? Accuracy? On-game performance?
I guess time will tell if they were actually improved or made cheaper with the new manufacturing process.
My bet would be made cheaper and we will pay more!
Tagged.
Hopefully good news so long as quality is not compromised
I'm betting they changed the bonding process. Until you figure it out, that's the slow spot in the production of bonded bullets.
A Bonded ELD-X would intrigue me. This could be essentially just that.
When they were developing the Eld-X they came to the conclusion that bonding would be too expensive, so they came up with using the interlock as an alternative. Apparently they spent all their development money coming up with a non-melting tip.
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
When they were developing the Eld-X they came to the conclusion that bonding would be too expensive, so they came up with using the interlock as an alternative. Apparently they spent all their development money coming up with a non-melting tip.

I think the concept you were looking for... is calling marketing hype....

create a problem that doesn't exist, so they can create a solution for it, with a premium price...
I wouldn't exactly call the ELDX a spendy bullet. Compared to the much less impressive ballistics of the 180 grain nosler ballistic tip for $44 per/100, the ELDX 178 for $33 per/100 doesn't really seem like they are up charging too much for the AMT (acronym I just made up for the anti melting tip haha) I personally could careless about the marketing on the tip itself anyways. I buy them cause they are inexpensive and seem to have reliable BC numbers until the "premium" ballistic tips. smile I will agree that the creating a problem that never existed is pretty silly but atleast they don't seem to be charging us consumers for their fix to that "problem." smile
Now the ELDX has a premium price.. Wow.
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Boogaloo

I think the concept you were looking for... is calling marketing hype....

create a problem that doesn't exist, so they can create a solution for it, with a premium price...

I have found the blue tip of a Barnes TTSX bullets in the entrance wound before. Even when started at 3400+fps the tip wasnt melted.
Ditch the nomex tip and bond the ELD's.

I have also found, a green piece of a 30 cal Ballistic Tip in processed venison. And yes, I did shoot the deer with a 165 NBT.
© 24hourcampfire