Home
actually not from a basement but---
Have my hands on a model 70 magnum originally chambered in 300 h&h- now re-chambered to 300 wtb,
pretty fair shape, low miles ( older neighbor) very trustworthy etc- very old weaver optics etc-
This is not a pre 64 to my knowledge,,, serial # 499905

also have a "Saint Herbert 223 (made in England) stamped on barrel- this one is sweet,, very very clean--

anyone know what these may be worth?

Thanks , RC
Pics would help!

It was very common in 50s to rechamber pre64s to Weatherby....both 300s and 375s and it knocks hell out of the value.
Thanks Vern,
It actually is a pre 64- non rotating claw extractor, front ramp part of barrel, no screws- my pic skills will catch up,,,,
still a low miles weapon, I just never cared for a big 30 cal,,,,, believe it will sleep in the safe,, till a big elk hunt or something presents itself,,
RC
I like that Obamasucks
The other one turned out to be a BSA rifle- totally clean an shiney bore, possible never evn fired,,,, I,ll give it a crack asap,,
feels real nice,, great trigger,, maybe my "one hole wonder,,,,
That is a great gun! Keep it and use it.

I love old Model 70's, and definitely old unaltered ones but there is nothing wrong with one that has been rechambered to a 300 Weatherby. As far as I am concerned, there is no better rifle in 300 Weatherby out there! I have one similar to yours that was rechambered by Weatherby that is one of my more accurate rifles, so accurate that I have never bothered to handload for it. I wouldn't blink an eyelash at one in 375 Weatherby either. Just depends whether you want to look at it or use it...

As far as prices go, I had another Model 70 in a 300 Ackley Improved that was extremely clean, had a pad added, but not cut short, that a gentleman was more than happy to give $1100 for. That was about 7 or 8 years ago.
Hey Thanks,
That's great to know -especially on the accuracy as it would turn my shoulder black by the time I found a "perfect" hand load,,I bet,,

Really good to know- a new pad an a big ol scope an were good to go,,,,

Thanks again, RC
© 24hourcampfire