Home
Got a very good deal on 500 of these and loaded some up. Nicely accurate but not much on BC though the big HP looks like serious business. I plan on using them on coyotes and if a feral hog gives me a shot he will be instant test material.
Definitely a varmint bullet. Should work great on the 'yotes.
Yes, I have used them. The B.C. isn't very good, but the splat factor is. I shot a bunch of groundhogs and one unlucky coyote with this bullet back around 1998-99. They were very accurate in the Ruger M77R I owned at the time. It had a very long throat, so this was a good bullet for the rifle. I have shot them in my current 250 Savage rifle as well. Not many woodchucks to shoot these days, though. In my new 250 Savage bolt gun I use 75 grain VMAXs.

As you say, the big hollow point is serious business - very bad business - for varmints. I still have a couple of boxes of them around.
Used them in the 25/06 for woodchuck. Still have a couple hundred. Shot one deer in the neck,close to the head with one. Bout 25 yards away. Killed it no doubt. Wouldn't even joke about shooting one in the body with one of those. Little sticks of dynamite.
Only had two milk jugs filled with water but pushed to 2700 fps it had no problem getting through them and put a big dent in a 2x10 I had behind them. couldn't find the core after the bounce but the jacket looked like a normally expanded jacket. Hve to get more jugs.
I have used them in a 223 and they do tend to kill in dramatic fashion.

Also tried them in 7MM and have yet to shoot a critter yet,it is a 7x61 S&H.
300, I think everyone covered it.. I shot lots of them mostly out of my .25-06, maybe some out of a .257 Wea.. I also used 115 out of a 7mm Rem. Mag. And 130’s out of my 06 and .300.. Don’t think I ever shot anything bigger than a coyote with them.. Although it seems I killed a couple antelope with the 7mm.. I still have 3 or 4 thousand in .22 caliber.. I think for your purpose they would work fine .. Never shot a hog with one, but a lung shot would be impressive I bet..
Update. I went out to my sisters place near Grandview, there are fields of standing very dry fields of corn on two sides and she says the hogs are coming to her water trough to drink at all hours of the night causing the dogs to go off chasing them into the fields and then her having to go outside to call them back. Pisses her off. So I get my 257 loaded with the 100 gr. HP pushed to 2700 fps, put a comfortable folding chair on the porch along with a cooler full of refreshment and get ready to sit out most of the night. Right at 9 pm I am opening a beer and a hog walks out in broad daylight and heads for the water trough. I calmly wait til it is drinking and shoot it in the neck, down it goes and the dogs (tied now) are raising heck. Bullet hit neck in front of shoulder angling forward. No exit but dead hog. It is near 100 degrees so I hung it and skinned, quartered and put it in an ice chest but didn;t skin the neck far enough up to take a look at the wound. The hog weighed around 175 pounds alive. Wish they would harvest the corn so they would start coming to my feeder but I will be watching the water trough regularly. Heck I wish it would cool off a bit!

"....here, hold my beer and watch this..."
Yeah they’ll turn coyotes inside out:

[Linked Image]
I used to shoot the 7mm 115s out of my 7 rem mag for whitetail deer... shot 4 or 5, always behind the shoulder, never had one take a step. Hydrostatic shock was incredible. Literally jelled the lungs every time. And yea, blew a tennis ball size hole out of the off side ribs. They would drop like you domed them.
© 24hourcampfire