Home
Any of you guys ever shoot any of the FTX bullets in a 350 Rem Mag, or something of similar velocity? I picked up a couple hundred a while back, and never got around to loading them. Just loaded some up to try tonight, mainly for shooting at the range and not wasting 225gr Partitions on paper. I thought maybe they would be ok for deer, but also thought maybe they would act like a v-max at full power 350 Rem velocity. Any experiences good or bad would be appreciated!
I use them in 35 Remington and tried them in my 358 win, but they seat deeper and raise pressure. I would think they would be good for deer but I would load them down to about 2400fps or less.
Hmmm, anyone else?
Well, I have to admit that my Rem custom shop model 7 KS only shoots 200 gr Barnes TSX's. It does not see much range time so I shoot what I hunt with. 10 shots a year at the range is all I can stand. <grin>.

It has taken a number of deer and a few black bear despite limited target practice. I love hunting that rifle but bringing it to the range sees limited time despite being one of the most accurate rifles I have ever owned.
No experience with the .35 but the .338 is really soft. I doesn’t even perform well at .338 fed velocities.
I'm thinking they will be too soft for .350 RM velocity. They are designed to work out of .35 Rem. lever guns. So your looking at about 2200 fps MV as its intended speed.
yep. I talked to Hornady, and it was definitely not designed for 350 REm Mag speeds.. slow it down and shoot many a deer with it.
borden, I use the FTX in my 35Rem and they work well but I sure wouldn't use them on deer out of my 350 unless I loaded them down considerably, otherwise they will probably make a mess of your deer. Just my .$.03 worth.
I load 50gr of IMR 4895 with the 200gr FTX in my 350 mag Rem 660. It's very accurate in my rifle but I have not shot a deer with it so far. It is a pleasant load at the bench.
I posted much the same question about a month ago, only it was about using that bullet in my .35 Whelen. Most respondants advised against it if the intended use was to hunt deer, most advised to keep velocity to 2200 fps.
© 24hourcampfire