Home

Got in on a lefty T3 in a fast-twist 22-250 this summer. My first handload with components on hand went into 1.5” 3-shot groups at 300 yds for a bunch of them. Very pleased with that; Winchester white box 55’s did almost as well.

An elk hunt this coming October was enough for me to skip my Guns Anonymous meetings and fall of the wagon. I purchased another T3, this time in 300 WSM, tapped the receiver for 8x40’s, put a LimbSaver on it and with Lightweight Talley’s and a Leupold (😮) VX2 6X LRD on, it hit right at 7lbs — sweet. I like light rifles for hunting.

While I this is my first experience with Tikka’s, and I haven’t started the 300 up yet, I’m pleased with these lightweight, accurate rifles.

Just affirming what many here have known for awhile now.
Posted By: coltchris Re: Thumbs Up For Tikka - 02/19/18
Never had a Tikka that didn't shoot better than me right out of the box!
Posted By: Owl Re: Thumbs Up For Tikka - 02/19/18
Never had a Tikka either. I have one of the new .22's on order. I sure hope it's a shooter. Contgrats on the 22-250 and good luck on the 300 wsm
Posted By: Hesp Re: Thumbs Up For Tikka - 02/19/18
A thought on the Tikka. I had one in 260 Rem & it was scary accurate. Consistently under 1/2" for three shots. Loved it . But the thin plastic magazine was a piece of junk. A friend on a cold hunt this year dropped the magazine loaded with three rounds. When it struck the hard ground it cracked badly. Thought duct tape would hold it for the hunt. Well the added thickness of the tape would not allow it to fit back in the magazine well, to thick. Was a single shot hunt. He was wearing gloves when he dropped it. Might suggest handling the magazine with bare hands no matter how cold. Plastic & cold do not go well together.

Yep, immediately noticed the same,.. and ordered an extra. Jeepers, why do “they” do that?
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Thumbs Up For Tikka - 02/20/18
Originally Posted by Hesp
A thought on the Tikka. I had one in 260 Rem & it was scary accurate. Consistently under 1/2" for three shots. Loved it . But the thin plastic magazine was a piece of junk. A friend on a cold hunt this year dropped the magazine loaded with three rounds. When it struck the hard ground it cracked badly. Thought duct tape would hold it for the hunt. Well the added thickness of the tape would not allow it to fit back in the magazine well, to thick. Was a single shot hunt. He was wearing gloves when he dropped it. Might suggest handling the magazine with bare hands no matter how cold. Plastic & cold do not go well together.

Or buy one of the new aluminum magazines from Mountain tactical for $49......Hb
Posted By: Hesp Re: Thumbs Up For Tikka - 02/20/18
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly

Thank you was not aware of those aluminum versions. For what a Tikka cost they ought to come with a metal magazine. What is their e-maill. & again thank you.
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Thumbs Up For Tikka - 02/22/18

Thank you was not aware of those aluminum versions. For what a Tikka cost they ought to come with a metal magazine. What is their e-maill. & again thank you.

Here you go.

https://tikkaperformance.com/index.php?_route_=tikka-magazines
Posted By: Hesp Re: Thumbs Up For Tikka - 02/23/18
Originally Posted by River_Ridge

Here you go.

https://tikkaperformance.com/index.php?_route_=tikka-magazines

Thank you!! I do appreciate it.
© 24hourcampfire