Home

I just picked up a weatherby accumark in 30-378 rifle the bolt is really tight if I put a round in the chamber I physically have to push the bolt more forward for the bolt to close otherwise it won't close any idea what is going on?
anyone? or is it just because it is a bigger caliber shell then im used to and take a little more then an 06?
Are you using handloads or factory ammo?
Weatherby factory ammo
Posted By: edk Re: Weatherby accumark bolt help - 07/20/18
Chamber a round and check for rifling marks on the bullet. You might have a short throat. Edk
Send it back to Weatherby, they are good about making it right !
Posted By: Fotis Re: Weatherby accumark bolt help - 07/20/18
Really??????? Wow!!!
Sounds like the extractor is struggling to jump the rim, a not uncommon problem. For a quick check, place the rim under the extractor manually and see if it doesn't chamber easily. The fix is easy, grind a little more bevel on the front of the extractor, or try your luck with another. They are cheap; like 5 dollar cheap.
Don't see how weatherby would send out a gun like that
Well I've got an Accumark here that say's they have before. How do you think I know what the extractor costs? wink Its more common with Remingtons and their C-clip extractor.

Other things you can check are dirt, metal or burrs under the back of the extractor, or interference on the drift pin or in the groove. The spring could have also been changed to a heavier one.

Or maybe you are imagining the whole thing, cause Weatherby wouldn't do that. confused
Posted By: Fotis Re: Weatherby accumark bolt help - 07/21/18
Originally Posted by Buckhunter30
Don't see how weatherby would send out a gun like that

They wouldn't
Posted By: kman Re: Weatherby accumark bolt help - 07/23/18
Make sure the plunger on the bolt face compresses fully with a popsicle stick or something. I bought a 300 bee accumark that had a plunger that wouldn't fully depress and made it impossible to chamber a round.
© 24hourcampfire