Home
What distance off the lands are you all running your swift scirocco II bullets. Should get my rebarrel job back from the Smith this week. My last barrel I was jamming the lands at .005 and believe that to be a large contributing factor to a short barrel life.

210 scirocco 2
338 rum
I've been experimenting with the 130 gr. Scirocco in my 6.5 X 55 and haven't quite found the sweet spot for them yet. I've called and talked to them and they say somewhere between 0.030 and 0.070 off the lands because the bullet likes to jump. That being said, their factory Scirocco ammo is 3.00 OAL in 6.5X55 and the distance to the lands in my Fieldcraft is 3.102 OAL. My best groups were 0.030 off the lands, but I'm still playing with it.
Thank you
Kissing the lands for best accuracy is overrated. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and jump ‘em.

I shoot the 90gr. Scirocco II in my 243. Don’t remember off-hand how far from the lands they are seated but they are jumpin and they are fast and accurate!!!

Good luck,

Leftybolt
I haven't loaded any yet but am looking to start working with the 100gr .257 and the 130gr .264. I called swift and the tech guy told me that it would be best to start at 0.050 and work out. He also said that they do like a jump to the lands and from researching that does appear to be the case.
I got a return call from swift, and confirmed 30 to 70 thousands of lands. Suggested starting at 50, but said 60 or 70 might be the sweet spot as well. I love that bullet. Just need to dial in the nee barrel.
I have to jump them to have a chance. Start just off the lands, find maximum then go back .030" at a time. Either they will shoot or they won't, but chances are they will come to life at some point. I've had good luck with them in Weatherby calibers where a long jump is assured but was still was able to tune with COL. One case in particular is a .270 Weatherby with a custom short throat and long mag. I could seat to the lands with a 130 Scirroco 11, but it didn't start shooting until it was .180" off.
.050 worked for me.
© 24hourcampfire