Home
There is lots of data with Benchmark and lighter bullets in the .243.. does any body have any load data with 85-100 grain pills and Benchmark?

I know there are a million other powders to use but I’m swimming in Benchmark and would like to use some up.

Thanks,

Todd
Most of the data stops at 70-75 grains might be a reason for this. Get another 223 and burn up the Benchmark. Or do 55 grainers in the 243 with the Benchmark. Or you could trade for something like R26, H1000, MRP 7828, R25, 4831 and load the heavies to maximum potential.
Benchmark is a pretty fast burn rate for that application. Why waste the components just to burn up the wrong powder?
I know it’s a bit fast. I figure it doesn’t fill the case to a safe level with the heavier bullets.

Good points. I have about 20 lbs of it and about that much CFE223. What can I say? I’m a victim of Obama and have enough .223 powder for several lifetimes...

Todd
Simple cure: Get a 308 going with 150/155 grain bullets. It'll work fine with those powders, burn more of it, and the barrel will last a lot longer than one on a 243.
You could just use 335 data ifin you really want to try Benchmark. Doubt it will get you where ya want to go but I have done it in several calibers where BM isn’t listed.

[Linked Image]
Swifty...what book is that?
Originally Posted by valad
Swifty...what book is that?

Hodgdon #26. 1992
© 24hourcampfire