Home
Posted By: 99shooter Graf & Sons brass - 11/27/19

Anyone know who makes the brass that Graf and Sons sells for .30 and .32 Remington? I called and was basically told it was a "trade secret" This is the brass for the old Remington model 8 and 81 autoloading rifles and Model 14 slide action rifles.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Graf & Sons brass - 11/28/19
They sure ain't givin it away, are they? At a buck a pop it oughta be plenty good stuff.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Graf & Sons brass - 11/29/19
U bet they get it at the same place that the Old Western Scrounger got it from, when they were located out this way in Montague CA, in Siskiyou County...

now they are located in West Virginia...

don't know if they were bought out, or inherited by family back in WVa....

check with Jamison Brass etc, if you are just looking for handloading components...
Posted By: HandgunHTR Re: Graf & Sons brass - 11/29/19
I am pretty sure it is Jamison brass.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Graf & Sons brass - 11/29/19
What is the general opinion of Jamison brass? I have some in waiting (.375 Winchester, I think), but have used none of it yet. I know it's not inexpensive...I remember paying for it!
cry
Posted By: 99shooter Re: Graf & Sons brass - 11/29/19
At the time, I think Old Western Scrounger was formining it from .30 Remington brass made by Remington-Peters. The .25, .30 and .32 Remington all share the same basic case. .35 Remington was a a different basic case.
Posted By: 99shooter Re: Graf & Sons brass - 11/29/19
At the time, I think Old Western Scrounger was formining it from .30 Remington brass made by Remington-Peters. The .25, .30 and .32 Remington all share the same basic case. .35 Remington was a a different basic case.
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: Graf & Sons brass - 11/29/19
Originally Posted by RiverRider
What is the general opinion of Jamison brass? I have some in waiting (.375 Winchester, I think), but have used none of it yet. I know it's not inexpensive...I remember paying for it!
cry

No personal experience, but a friend bought some in .257 Bob, said it had quite a bit less capacity than more common brands or even some 7x57 he necked down.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Graf & Sons brass - 11/29/19
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Originally Posted by RiverRider
cry

No personal experience, but a friend bought some in .257 Bob, said it had quite a bit less capacity than more common brands or even some 7x57 he necked down.

Thanks. I'll check that when I get ready to put mine to use.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Graf & Sons brass - 11/29/19
Moot point. Jamison has been out of business for years now. Became Captech, and they're out of business for a couple years also. My advise: bite the bullet and buy the expensive brass- enough to feed your rifle for your forever even if you have to skip lunch for a while. Ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Graf & Sons brass - 11/30/19
Didn't know that. I bought my .375 brass only a year or so ago, so I must have gotten some of the last of it. It should last the rest of my life, considering how much I shoot my 94 Big Bore. That in itself is moot, though, considering that Starline now offers it.
© 24hourcampfire