Home
Is it sinner, skinner,skinnar?

No idea
Originally Posted by CBB15
Is it sinner, skinner,''''''skinnar''''''?

No idea

See-gnar
I always figured it was ‘sennar’.

sce·nar
see-narr
[quote=MuskegMan]
See-gnar[/quote

Yep
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

See-gnar

Yep

"gnar" like gnat or like gnocchi? Or how do you pronounce "gnocchi"?
I've heard it pronounced as guh-no-kee, although I've also heard it pronounced as something like nyo-kee with a long "o". It was a popular dish offered to armored warriors in Medieval times, as in "Good sir Kuh-nite, have some guh-no-kee".

Seems like see-nar is simple and easy.
Originally Posted by 257heaven

See-gnar

Yep

Dammit. I was thinking about chocolate ganache. Not gnocchi. I get the two mixed up. Common mistake, I'm sure.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
see-narr

That's been my interpretation as well.
In videos produced by Lapua I’ve heard it pronounced sken-ahr
Originally Posted by prm
In videos produced by Lapua I’ve heard it pronounced sken-ahr

Would that be Lop wa, or La poo a?
I take the easy way out and never talk about them so I don't have to say it.
On a Lapua video on youtube they pronounced it skee - nar.
Originally Posted by 257heaven

See-gnar

Yep

The “G” is silent .... BWHAHAHAHA

C- NAR
I say ski-naar, most likely wrong.
This will never be determined. We can’t even all agree how to say creek....grin.
Yeah, if they fish in a crick, what do they get in their necks? ; ]
Finnish-English translation/pronunciation apps are quick to say "Lopwa" for Lapua, but nary a hint that I've seen regarding Scenar.

I'm getting immersed in this Finnish stuff. Nothing but Lapua brass for my 6.5x55, and am replacing my .30-06 brass supply with same as the domestic stuff craps out. Hell, I even sprung for a full set of Finnish-made Nokian all-weather winter tires for my Swedish Saab. (Nokian has the same kind of rep for dedication to perfection and product testing and uniformity that Lapua enjoys.) I was fat dumb and happy, and really impressed with the tires until I noticed the fine print on the inside edges of them- "Made in Russia"! Aaarghh! I guess I was destined to becoming a Russian asset....
Being a native Texan, and having never been accused of speaking "English", I say it fo neteh killy...everthin!
Finnish-English translation/pronunciation apps are quick to say "Lopwa" for Lapua, but nary a hint that I've seen regarding Scenar.

I'm getting immersed in this Finnish stuff. Nothing but Lapua brass for my 6.5x55, and am replacing my .30-06 brass supply with same as the domestic stuff craps out. Hell, I even sprung for a full set of Finnish-made Nokian all-weather winter tires for my Swedish Saab. (Nokian has the same kind of rep for dedication to perfection and product testing and uniformity that Lapua enjoys.) I was fat dumb and happy, and really impressed with the tires until I noticed the fine print on the inside edges of them- "Made in Russia"! Aaarghh! I guess I was destined to becoming a Russian asset....

Oh great. Now I have to learn to relearn how to say Lapooah. Dammit!
i always figured it was seee-narrrr.
Big Ed
SKINNER
We call'em lynyrd skynyrd's down here in the saltwater south .
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
SKINNER

Now, that's a translation from the far North...

DF
I guess I was destined to becoming a Russian asset....

You guys better watch out--next thing Schiff will be subpoenaing your phone records........
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
I guess I was destined to becoming a Russian asset....

You guys better watch out--next thing Schiff will be subpoenaing your phone records........

Schiff's subpenis don't carry any weight.

So it's really not Lapoooah Sheeenar?? Damn.
© 24hourcampfire